I'm sooooooooo baddd!!

I just can't help myself!! I keep losing points in the Stashbusting Challenge, so now I'm down to, like, -4!! (I was at about 16 this morning) I keep losing points faster than it takes me to earn them!! I went to a thrift store to look for a few things, and to see if they had any hooks or needles donated. Nope, but they did have a HUGE bag of vintage threads!! :yay:yay

Teggysnowday020.jpg

All of this was in the bag, including a thread angel Christmas ornament kit!!

The green on the left is probably a 5--there was no label on it saying what it is, but it's larger than 10 and smaller than 3.

The 2 variegated greens (vintage Knit-Cro-Sheen), the two cream-colored bedspread (boilfast), the turquoise, and the peachy stuff, as well as the thread from the angel kit are all size 10.

The blue-and-white variegated and pale green are both size 30.

I also found an LA Baby Layettes book, originally priced at $4.50, and it's Baby Layettes to Knit and Crochet, book 2. I couldn't believe it!! It was only $.50, and when I looked inside, there was the christening gown pattern that had previously been on the web for free!! Now I know why it disappeared!! There's also a bonnet, matching booties, a sweater, and a blanket to match!! I've only done this pattern in thread, but now I'm thinking that I have to make this in baby yarn for my next child--whenever that may be.

Yay!! So, who wants to celebrate with me and work on some more Irish motifs?

That is such an awesome find! I don't blame you for "giving in"!

I have that same Angel ornament kit! I love it , it's easy to make too :hook

I'm not sure what part of this great deal makes you so bad. :think Aren't you working on your worsted stash, not your thread stash???? :D

(I'm trying to help here, so work with me :devil )

I'm not sure what part of this great deal makes you so bad. :think Aren't you working on your worsted stash, not your thread stash???? :D

(I'm trying to help here, so work with me :devil )

Hmmm...you do have a point...:hook:blush:angelCool!! So now I actually do have 16 points?! :dance

Weellll...my thread stash is getting almost as big as my worsted...but, the balls are smaller, so they take up less space...

Beautiful thread! I'd have bought it, too. That turquoise just glows! But for me personally, I'm considering thread part of my stash because I have a bag of 4 balls of white thread I bought for a vest that has been sitting in the exact same spot :eek for over a year. If I don't consider it part of the stashbusting challenge, who knows how long it will sit there?? :think But since Krystal didn't include guidelines, you can sure enough consider this outside the bounds of busting if you like! patty

those are gorgeous. i would have had to have them as well....

i found a beautiful patern on free patterns for a bridal bouquet. i was thinking about trying to make at least one flower from it, and offering to make my hubby's cousins bouquet if it turned out ok....

Okay, I've gone through the majority of my thread stash, and all of it will just fit one of those large Rubbermaid totes...now, if I can just find one empty one around here...:think

Target has them on sale right now . . . :D they are the Sterilite, but . . . . :hook:yarn:yes

Well who COULD pass that up?? NOT a thread crocheter, I promise you! Your not bad, you rescued the thread, you gave it a happy home. I would have KNOCKED someone over to get at that....lol

Last night I was thinking about my storage problem, and instead of spending money, I have a lot of kitchen cotton laying around in spools...you know, those giant Peaches and cream things? Well, anyway, I was thinking of making a large square tote to store all my thread in--what is more appropriate than having a cotton tote to store cotton thread? I'll use two strands at once, perhaps with a K hook or an N, make a large solid square, then work evenly in the round to make the sides. I'll add handles, and voila!! A large tote. Hmmm....another stashbusting idea...I'll make more totes out of my acryllic to store the acryllic stuff in!! then again, I may not have any left after I make the totes...:think

My poor threads are calling to me...right now, they're sitting in a large paper Whole Foods bag (you know, the kind with the handles? they make great carryalls for WIPs!!) waiting for me to take them out and play. Hmm....I'll have to start making more Irish lace motifs...

Archived