Charity Baby Square - rugalugs motif

cupcake

I have noticed that charity crocheters are always on the look out for something new and nifty to use for making charity blankets, rugs etc. I have been on a square binge lately ala my "rugalugs fun motifs for kids rugs" series which I have shared on other threads. This includes the penguin, koala, duck, and kangaroo whcih are on my etsy store. I decided that the next one I would do would be a freeby with the intention that it be used for charity. I have called this one tentatively "Charity Babies Square". When I have perfected this, written it up and done the Australia - american translations etc, it will be on my blog.

img0872hp3.th.jpg

I have designed a little baby girl in a bonnet, and a baby boy in a hooded hat.

img0874tk3.th.jpg

There will also be a plain square to use as a filler. I have tried to make this one fairly simple to do and economical with the yarn. Except for the faces, you could use a variety of scraps.

img0875lz9.th.jpg

So what I am after is feedback.

a) Do you like these? Shall I keep going or bin the bubs? My boys reckon they look ugly and a bit granny like.

Trying to get a good skin colour is hard.

I did try a darker yarn.

img0873ag1.th.jpg

b) What would be a good name for these? I have tentatively called them Charity babies, but I am open to suggestions.

I posted this under charity, although it is design, as I felt this where the likely user group would find me.

Thanks for looking.

They're lovely cupcake, how about snuggle babies, or little cherubs.

Its a very worthwhile project so I hope that you manage to do lots! Jax

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the nice coments. I have written it up and will prolly put it on my blog this weekend. I have had a few different things on the go. I have called the "Bonnet Babies" as suggested.

Archived