Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Just taking a breather, I've been clearing out the clutter so that is what I have been doing today, Every time I clean up the clutter in my home I promise myself I will not let it happen again and here I am throwing out the junk again. I'm doing spring cleaning, so this is what I get to want to clean and redecorate the apartment. :lol I haven't had much crocheting time or knit time this week , I'm hoping that I'll be finish with the square I've been working on since last week this evening or I just might fall off to sleep for I am tired. :think I can't wait to get to know everyone in the group, I guess that will happen once the spring cleaning is done and I have some time to sit at the computer and read some post. I can't wait to get back to my crocheting, but the spring cleaning must be done. Catch you all hopefully later. :hug

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, Linda.

You must have posted while I was working on my post. Beautiful, beautiful, beau-t-full! And yes, they do look very much like spring. Don't you just love the pastels? But then again, I love the fall colors at that time of the year. Oh well, guess I just love it all. :D

Wow, Diane....you had fun at Hobby Lobby! I do that - buy yarn just because I like the color.

Cheeria, decluttering is on my to-do list. So far I managed to clean up one desk drawer:P

Linda- your baby-ghans are wonderful !!! So pretty and cheery for spring .

Diane- wow, you had a good time at Hobby Lobby. We have one that is a few towns away, but I havent been there in a long time now . I do like their brand yarn a LOT, it's so soft and a nice selection of colors !

Have fun choosing what color to go with what pattern !

Cheeria- good for you to do all that cleaning ! I need to do that too, but not much gumption other than to sit in my chair thinking about it .

I'll try to lasso Sam tonite to get my pictures for the week snapped, which aren't many -- just a few 63 squares, but I did make more progress on the castle as of last week .

A special thank you to the ladies who were in this group originally and have so freely welcomed all our new friends in .

AND a special thanks to all the new friends who have transferred over from the other groups.

This makes it so much easier for me to keep track of ,if everyone is in one place .

It sounds like there will be lots of new friendships made here, so this is definitely a winning situation for everyone !

:manyheart:yes:manyheart:yes:manyheart:yes

Linda~ your ghans are gorgeous!

Cheeria~ I wish I had the energy to start spring cleaning. You go girl! I'm more like tackle one shelf, drawer, flat surface at a time.:think:eek

Yea,you probably get some mighty hot days out there . I've never been out there before, but seen pictures. It's a beautiful state .

there is so many beautiful areas. To me this is like the first year in many years that we are actually having some seasons going on ahahhahahaa down here in the valley.

Beautiful ghan LeAnna. :clap

Nice to have you back Judy! :hug:manyheart:hug

I'm glad you are having a good visit Julie. How does your daughter handle all of the moving? Is it hard on her and the kids? I know I wouldn't be able to handle it.

Mary~Yep, I am taking classes for my associates degree in medical coding and billing. I graduate next summer, 2011. I do my classes online so it allows for me to do it around my kids schedule. Even when they're home, they're pretty respectful when I am doing my work (most of the time). They're at the ages where they don't want anything to do with us unless it's for "mom can I?, mom I want, mom he hit me, etc." :lol So, it hasn't been to difficult yet, but I am sure as the work gets harder I will get more stressed and need more time. :yes

I like the fall,winter and spring but dread summer.:lol

I second that! ;) Those 100+ degree days are no fun!

I know it's not Friday yet, but I just got the pictures taken of the preemie afghans I made for the March Charity CAL and they turned out really well. Can you tell I'm more than ready for spring to be here?

They are all wonderful, Linda. :hook Love your choice of colors!

This new house is great! I had signed up for the Tree of Life, bought my yarn, but as it is for me, it very easily moved to the back burner. I have always been intrigued by the 63 club. Have all 4 of the books and now, thanks to Pam's link, I have just ordered the 5th (along with 2 other books) :ty, Pam.

Linda, I too, took a look at the calendar and realized Mother's Day and my mom's 95th birthday (May 1st) is rapidly approaching. I need to be done by April 27th when we leave on our trip to visit her. So the graph ghan Nemo, for my g-gs has been temporarily retired. I am now making Saltines. Mom is going to get a lapghan. The pattern is Amish Star, http://www.happyyellowhouse.com/htm/amish1.html My colors are light plum, lavender and black. Mom loves lavender. I have it 1/4 done. Will post pictures tomorrow.

I have my 11th scarf for charity about 1/3 of the way done. It is knitted, which always takes me longer.

We've been very fortunate this week. No more skunk activity. We've had a running joke around here that there are only 2 skunks in this entire town and that the wrangler owns them both, he picks them up (for a fee of course) and redeposits them in someone elses property and patiently waits for the call. We even joked that he has a GPS chip in them so they don't get lost. Hahaha.

Well I made my first trip to Hobby Lobby. OMG, you ladies warned me. :eek I Love This Yarn.....my head was spinning at all the wonderful colors. I left $85 poorer but wow, is my yarn stash happy. :dance DH actually helped me pick out colors. Some of the colors were "just because" they were so pretty. Don't know what they will be. DH said, if that's the criteria, why not just buy one of each. Please note, this was said with much sarcasm. So I decided it was time to quit, my cart was full anyway. Now I am happily going thru my pattern collection assigning each skein to a project. :devil

I will check back in tomorrow. Looking forward to all the pictures/progress. Have a wonderful day to my new found friends. :hook

Diane, yay for your trip to HL! :yay I love their yarn and use it whenever I can - it is so soft and easy on the hands. The Amish Star is such a pretty pattern and your colors sound lovely.

Just taking a breather, I've been clearing out the clutter so that is what I have been doing today, Every time I clean up the clutter in my home I promise myself I will not let it happen again and here I am throwing out the junk again. I'm doing spring cleaning, so this is what I get to want to clean and redecorate the apartment. :lol I haven't had much crocheting time or knit time this week , I'm hoping that I'll be finish with the square I've been working on since last week this evening or I just might fall off to sleep for I am tired. :think I can't wait to get to know everyone in the group, I guess that will happen once the spring cleaning is done and I have some time to sit at the computer and read some post. I can't wait to get back to my crocheting, but the spring cleaning must be done. Catch you all hopefully later. :hug

Take lots of breaks and come visit. :manyheart

Hi Tralee and Judy!

Julie ~ You are so sweet...but the biggest thank you goes to you for bringing (and keeping) us all together. :ty

Hello the House, :clap

Linda, I too, took a look at the calendar and realized Mother's Day and my mom's 95th birthday (May 1st) is rapidly approaching. I need to be done by April 27th when we leave on our trip to visit her. So the graph ghan Nemo, for my g-gs has been temporarily retired. I am now making Saltines. Mom is going to get a lapghan. The pattern is Amish Star, http://www.happyyellowhouse.com/htm/amish1.html My colors are light plum, lavender and black. Mom loves lavender. I have it 1/4 done. Will post pictures tomorrow.

We've been very fortunate this week. No more skunk activity. We've had a running joke around here that there are only 2 skunks in this entire town and that the wrangler owns them both, he picks them up (for a fee of course) and redeposits them in someone elses property and patiently waits for the call. We even joked that he has a GPS chip in them so they don't get lost. Hahaha.

Well I made my first trip to Hobby Lobby. OMG, you ladies warned me. :eek I Love This Yarn.....my head was spinning at all the wonderful colors. I left $85 poorer but wow, is my yarn stash happy. :dance DH actually helped me pick out colors. Some of the colors were "just because" they were so pretty. Don't know what they will be. DH said, if that's the criteria, why not just buy one of each. Please note, this was said with much sarcasm. So I decided it was time to quit, my cart was full anyway. Now I am happily going thru my pattern collection assigning each skein to a project. :devil

I will check back in tomorrow. Looking forward to all the pictures/progress. Have a wonderful day to my new found friends. :hook

Love you skunk idea, Diane. It gave me a wonderful laugh. :lol :lol :lol Oh, yeah, HL is a doubly dangerous place for me. I love their yarn collection and their fabric is nice, too. Your colors for the Amish Star sound just beautiful.

Thank you everyone for the compliments on my preemie ghans. They are part of my church's outreach and I love making them. The NICU nurses are so grateful for them. It just makes me feel all warm inside.

Apparently the weather in Houston leaves a lot to be desired today. John's flight got canceled. He's due to fly out later tonight on another flight. I sure hope that one gets in and out okay.

Tabby! Good for you for working on your degree. :clap Anything in the medical field is a good thing.:yes Congratulations on finishing the baby things. Can't wait to see them and the flower ghan, too. :)

NEWS! Speaking of babies...DD had her weekly appointment today and the Dr. wants to see her Tuesday to schedule induction. :D Everything is just fine, but she doesn't want DD to carry him too much longer and feels she is a prime candidate for induction. So, we may be grandparents by this time next week. :c9

Tab -

Our girl is getting really tired of the moving -- it is such a big rigamarole ,the army has so much paperwork and things that need done before each move . It is crazy --and these big moves like this are worse ,because all of them needed passports ,etc to be allowed to move overseas. Then they have to fill out so many forms, wait on housing over there, ship their car over ,and they move their stuff in 2 separate shipments ,so they need to decide what needs to go first, then second .

They all need physicals and shots ...the list just goes on and on .

As for the kids, so far, they have been kinda used to moving, but now that they are getting older, it's getting much harder for them because they have to leave friends they may never see again .

I wouldn't like it either ..

I LOVE moving, but just to a new house here in town, not clear across the globe .

OH BOY, Mary !!!!!

How exciting !! A new grandbaby in a week or less . :manyheart

Now, are you guys close enough to be at the hospital so you can hightail it in there to be one of the first to pick him up ?

Get your camera ready -- we wanna see too !!!

Hi Sheila and Julie! Yes, we live about 15 minutes from the hospital her Dr. prefers - so not far at all. :)

I had bought a "First Easter" card and really cute felted Easter Ducky basket just in case, knowing I could use them next year if needed. :lol

A special thank you to the ladies who were in this group originally and have so freely welcomed all our new friends in .

AND a special thanks to all the new friends who have transferred over from the other groups.

This makes it so much easier for me to keep track of ,if everyone is in one place .

It sounds like there will be lots of new friendships made here, so this is definitely a winning situation for everyone !

:manyheart:yes:manyheart:yes:manyheart:yes

Definitely a winning situation:yes

Oh, BTW I finished the peapod coccoon and matching hat. :clap I am now making a flower baby blanket. My brother and SIL are having their baby shower April 18th so I am trying to get as many baby items made as I can. :hook

Do we get to see pictures?

NEWS! Speaking of babies...DD had her weekly appointment today and the Dr. wants to see her Tuesday to schedule induction. :D Everything is just fine, but she doesn't want DD to carry him too much longer and feels she is a prime candidate for induction. So, we may be grandparents by this time next week. :c9

How wonderful!:hug:manyheart

:wooOh, boy, oh, boy, oh, boy!:wooWe definitely want to pictures right away, Mary.:wooWonderful news! What an Easter you will be having.

Well, back to some hook or needle work. I need to take some pics tomorrow.

I didn't quite finish 2 complete blocks of my ATW with the border, but I'll post what I managed.

I've also been making more squares to make my blanket from the pirate CAL bigger. I'm just dreading taking out the border on what I thought was the finished product when the time comes to add the new squares. Tedious work...

'nite, my friends:hug:manyheart

Just a note to those of you who may have photos to post tomorrow . I know we already got to see lots of pretty ones already, but if you havent yet posted photos and have something new for this week, tomorrow's the big day !

Here's what I have as of now -- not a lot done, but I did ok, considering we have company !

First is the next 63's --- 4 more joined together ,so 18 total done now .

Second is the castle -- sorry, our bedspread certainly doesn't make a good background. Will need to use something better next week .

Archived