Blue Star Afghan CAL

MiztrezzLyn

Diane Im so sorry to hear you frogged your ghan. :hug

You didnt want to keep at least what you had done so far.

Well when the time is right I know you will be ready to tackle this again. Dont give up on it, maybe do something else totally different then come back and try again later.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marci, I know I'll still be here, since I have other WIPs that eat up my time!

And Diane...I know what it's like to be frustrated with a pattern. Sometimes I've tried and tried and a pattern just doesn't "click" the first time. With this pattern put behind you I can see you thoroughly enjoying putting together a scrap ghan from your frogging effort! Let your creativity have free reign...and please post pics of your work:hug :manyheart

I too will be here for a while....I have been working on the squares which are finally almost done and inbetween i have been Making afghans for some charity..

So I will be here for a while....:think

Tracey can't wait to see your finished ghan...Congrats!!

Sorry we are all having so many problems but it is great everyone is trying to help each other.

I read the posts and say on no ...Maybe that is why i haven't attempted to start putting this together yet.....Chicken yes i am :lol

Karen

I will be here for a while - my afghan is going to be nearly double the original size! With the kiddies home this week, don't know if I'll get MORE crochet time, or less! :think

Krystal are you making it bigger and if so how are you doing this.

Thank you Wendy and Judi. :hug

I woke up in the morning and feel better about things. It's because I woke up from a dream of single yo yo's everywhere around me. I get the feeling that it can be a great project as there are so many little yarns from 9 patches. Hehe. :devil

Yes, I love to take pics of my works. When I am able to buy more yarns in few months, I will be back. I still want to do this afghan. I will do a scrap afghan with those yarns once I completed some WIPs. :manyheart

Wendy -

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?p=644778&highlight=graphics#post644778 If you look at this post I made, you'll see how I'm making it bigger. I will be using the same methods, just more stuff and in different places.

If you want, as I go along, I will let you know how if you'd like to make yours bigger as well! Mine will go on top of my king sized bed, with an overhang.

All the afghans in your pictures are beautiful. I can't believe how far along some of you are, just since January! Tahlara, I was so sorry to see your frogged yarn. I bet something beautiful will come from it the second time around. My book shipped today, so hopefully by the end of the week I'll be started. I'm a little dizzy going back and forth between "this is going to be way too hard" and "but the afghans in the pictures are sooo pretty"! :lol Marci

Marci,

The afghan as far as I've done is not particularly HARD. It's just not the type of pattern where you can rely on your own sense to modify... you have to REALLY follow instructions well, and often read them once BEFORE you actually stick your hook in your yarn (one stage at a time). That and expect a little :frog here and there!

Well, I had to do it....

I went and did a wedge. Kids are in bed, DH isn't home, nothing on TV. Sat in the quiet and figured it out step by step. It looks pretty good, excep my border looks a little wider than my block/wedge/block section looks. Hope that evens out as I join. It's so hard to get gauge right over so many different shapes and days.

Going back to the squares so I can mindlessly work while watching Heroes.

Well, I finished my blanket last night, and it is in Margie's hands. Her next door neighbor stopped over today and I asked him to deliver it for me. She called me a short time later. She loved the ghan. Here is the picture I took before giving it away.

Star10.jpg

Tracey, that is BEEEEEYOOOOOO TEEEE FUL!

WOW! I am so glad I've been chugging along on mine - seeing yours done would have made me want to kick myself if I had been slacking! I have only ONE MORE square to do, and I can finish that tonight. :cheer Then tomorrow maybe I can get the rest of the wedges done! I sure do hope so!

I did it. I have all the block/wedge/blocks attached. Now Im going to do the edging. I will have something for show and tell this friday.

I am really loving this ghan and wondering whether to make another one. I have this yarn that is multicolor in red,green,yellow,blue and I reckon it would make a beautiful bright blue star. Have to have a think about it.

Tracey, that is really beautiful!! Remember when you were't sure of the colors!?:yay:clap:c9 You never can tell about these involved patterns till they're done...

Tracey. your is beautiful. I need to go back and see if there are any other pix that I have not seen. Mine is on the back burner. I have a couple I really need to get finished before I pick this one back up again. You will all be done before I get much further I am afraid.

Diane - I'll be here a while!

I just finished my last of the 16 9-patches! YAY!!! (I already have one made for the outer four, so only 3 more to do EVER) Next I'm goint to do the wedges then my full grannies. I'm REALLY hoping to get that next ring of blocks attached to the star before Foto Friday... :D Wish me flying fingers!

Krystal. I am glad that you will be here a while also.:clap I still have just the first set of 9 patches done and still have not added them on. I will get done with this surprise baby afghan my DH asked me to do today. I think I will pull this one out tomorrow along with another CAL and work on them then. I really have to many irons in the fire. :( Can't get to everything I want as often as I want.

I'll be on this CAL for a long time yet. Nine-patches are really slow going for me. I only have one or two done. It's hard for me to sit down and crochet since I lost my job a couple of weeks ago. I feel guilty doing my hobby stuff. I try to do housework and other things to make up for me being home while looking for work again.

I'll be on this CAL for a long time yet. Nine-patches are really slow going for me. I only have one or two done. It's hard for me to sit down and crochet since I lost my job a couple of weeks ago. I feel guilty doing my hobby stuff. I try to do housework and other things to make up for me being home while looking for work again.

Lady dont feel guilty about doing your craft while you are home.:hug

Enjoy your time at home and do your craft and the next job is just around the corner.

Archived