Blue Star Afghan CAL

MiztrezzLyn

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well fiddle sticks, I wish you could draw me a picture, cause I still don't get it. Sorry to be such a dunce. But I do want it to be done the right way. I haven't woven any ends, so I can easily re-do it, I just don't know what order your talking about. I went by the directions in my book. The only thing I changed were the colors. :blush:think:rose

I have my center star done. (I think I said that already thought!!!LOL) I also have one of my 9 patch squares done. Altough I have not edged it yet. I am going to try to post a picture of them both when I get them uploaded.

I just finished rows 10 & 11 on the center star but the star points are curling up. I do not crochet tightly so I know that's not the problem. Is the curling normal? Are there possibly more corrections to the pattern? Will the curling go away after I do rows 12 & 13?

I found my yarn and I started on the center star. I just got to round 8 and I don't understand what needs to be done here. Is there a correction somewhere? ETA: I found the correction :)

Grammy Pat - I have a ridge, too. If you look at the pic of the afghan on the swing ,you can see that there is one on THAT, too - especially if you look at the one point that is pointing straight up the back of the swing.

I think I did my 28sc "evenly down the side" incorrectly. My point has lost its pointiness. I'm going back and looking at the others' pictures right now, see what's up. Either way, it's not getting :frog unless it's REALLY wrong!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I just went back and looked at MizLynn's pics with Tristan on it. It doesn't look like mine - hers seems right, and mine is wrong. LYNNN - oh, LYNN!!!!

Could you please help me out? I messed up the block joining somewhere, or I messed up the sc around the blocks. Can you take a pic of the INSIDE corner (where the star point comes in) of your ghan? Mine is NOT right, and I don't like it. I just don't know what I did wrong!

:angry

Is it to late to join this CAL? I have this book and I was going to go look through my stash to see what I have that I can use for this afghan.

Danielle If no one has welcomed you yet. Come on it, the crocheting is fine!LOL

OK, since I had to :frog back to the "light blue" sc border around the 9-patches, I decide to change it to the dark blue for the sc border. This is because my variegated in the 9-patch blends in too well with the light blue, and those points don't look crisp to me. I will see if it looks good with jut the one skinny border of sc, but I might do the first round of grannies in the darker blue if that doesn't give it enough definition. Wow, talk about messing with a pattern! :lol

Maybe this was meant to be... I considered the border idea before, but didn't feel llike frogging back to the sc border.

I wanted to post pictures of my afghan so far.

The center star, a corner of the center star and one of my 9 granny groups so far.

Well. It is the last 3 on this yahoo album.. I can't figure out how to just get the pictures I want from Yahoo on here yet.

Yahoo! Photos - My crochet projects.

OK, here's another spot where I think there's a typo.

In Rnd2 of the "border" of the main body after the 9-patches are attached to the squares....

It says to ch5 (for dc and ch-2). Now, when you get to the NEXT point of the 9-patch, you have dc in next 3, ch1 and then it tells you to CH-2. This would give you a total of ch-3 at each peak. Which, if you look in Rnd3, it clearly says this should be a ch-2.

I'm going with the assumption that this should be a ch-2 space ONLY and that it's a typo that you should dc,ch1 to the point then ch2 to make 3?

What did you do?

:yes Well...Dah...I finally get what your talking about. Geeze..thanks for all your help. Sometimes, my brain takes a vacation. Now I understand what you were trying to tell me.:):lol:D Thank you, thank you to Krystal16 and Tracey for being so patient. You'all were a big help. :cheer I know you must have been frustrated, but you never let it show.

Well im back from my holiday to Melbourne. Wow there are heaps of

new people joined up to do this one.

Hello to you all.

Kwoolls, - your colors look great and Im glad you got the centre sorted out.

Tracey - I just looked at a pic of yours and it looks great. Your going well with it.

Judi - hey you got your yarn and you have started. It looks great and the colors are beautiful.

Rita - I like the colors you have used on yours.

Diane - Just saw your pics and its looking good.

I hope i havent missed seeing anyones photos of their progress. Its amazing how you go away for a

week and there must be 10 pages to read in here.

I wanted to post pictures of my afghan so far.

The center star, a corner of the center star and one of my 9 granny groups so far.

Well. It is the last 3 on this yahoo album.. I can't figure out how to just get the pictures I want from Yahoo on here yet.

Yahoo! Photos - My crochet projects.

Pretty colors, Diane!:clap Keep going!:yay

Sorry I didn't get online last evening to help ya'll out. I have a close up of the connection of the 9-patch to the star on mine. I don't have the ridge ya'll were referring to. I am going to post a link/ not the picture. I left it in a large format to show the stitches better.

Ya'll ladies that are interested in joining, jump right on in, the more the merryer.

Aussie~ Glad you had a great time.

http://www.tandgmotorsinc.com/star3.jpg

Wow Hi everyone, I am sorry I was not here very much this weekend, it was so hectic around here.

I will try and answer all the questions that came up to the best of my abilities.

First, I believe the "ridge" thats being talked about IS normal, I have it, the picture in the book has it, so don't worry about that =)

Krystal - I really think that if you're talking about the "pointness" on the squares that are attached to the star, that mine were sort of rounded also, I will take a picture of that for you in a min to show you what mine looks like.

I will also edit the first post and post the correction we think should be there for Round 8 on the center star.

Also, yes on Round 2 of the border, it shouldn't have you putting a ch 3 on the points, I don't know why this is so chock full of little mistakes =/ I will make a mention of that in the first post also. The last set of (sk next sc, dc in next 3 sc, ch 1) should omit the last ch 1 since you are ch 2 for the point.

I hope I got everyone's questions. I feel awful that I was away for almost TWO days. I hate hate hate BUSY weekends, no time for crocheting OR relaxing!

I love everyone's colors and everyone is doing such a great job =) It is exciting to see everyone's progress.

Let me go take a pic of mine. I got all of the border done, finally since I had to frog it a couple times for not paying attention:blush I also have TWO count em TWO 9 patches done for the outer part (the part that requires 16 9-patches and the wedges.

BRB with pic so you can see the inner points of my star.

Ok, here are some pictures. I hope the size is not too big, I wanted to be sure to get a clear good sized picture so you could see the detail.

Here is a picture of the inside point where square joins the center star.

starinsidepoint.jpg

Here is where the corner meets for the outside of that square and the 1st round of the "border"

staroutsidepoint.jpg

Here is the full border done around the end of the 9 patch

staroutsideborderpoint.jpg

I hope this helps you girls out, again sorry I was not here to answer questions yesterday =/

Archived