Bedspread Bonanza

JulieKay

Fidgement, Shay and Judi. all of yours looks really nice. You have done a beautiful job and I love the colors you are all doing.:cheer:yay:clap:cheer

Heather your trip around the world looks great and what nice bright colors your using. What yarn are you using.:yay:cheer

Fidgement if you want the picture to actually show in your message, you copy the last url in photobucket that shows under your picture and then just paste it anywhere in your post reply.

Well done everyone.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fidgement and Shaylen - what beautiful, dainty work! Really exquisite:c9

Heather, I really love those colors - it's going to be a beauty when you're finished:manyheart

And Wendy, thanks for the tip on posting the pic instead of only the link to photobucket!:hug

Theresa, I'm actually enjoying it! (I really didn't say that, it must have been my shadow!)

Anyway, thanks all for the compliments. I am hoping to have a lot more to show next week.

Wendy - thanks for the tip. I'll try that next time.:yes :yes :yes

Wow, everyones BS are looking beautiful. I managed to take a couple of pictures, but I left work early and never got the chance to upload to my site. I came home and went to bed for a few hours. Don't know why I am so exhausted today. Anywho, I will post pic in the morning.

Great work ladies, they are all looking lovely

Thanks for all the compliments...this pattern is a dream to work up and when you finish the last round and see the lacy look...!:c9

I'm a happy camper:D

I have been working on my Wips but yesterday I finally settled on the BS I am making. Now this will progress very slowly as I will only work on in between finishing other projects. I sewed 4 squares to see if I did like the pattern. I am pleased with it. :yay

2268956910058018460piPczj_th.jpg

its wonderful

what pattern is that?? i love it

it will be a luxury bedspread ;):c9

i cant wait to see it finished :hug

. :c9

I have a question for those of you from other countries ( other than USA) .

Would you say that the majority of kids in your country grow up learning to knit/ crochet ? Is it kinda part of the education to teach kids these crafts ( or pass them down to the next generation ? )

I don't really think it is a BIG part of most areas around here anyhow --- maybe other parts of the country, girls are taught to do handicrafts ,but I doubt there are a very large number of girls in our area that have a clue how to crohet or knit and probably don't have a lot of interest in learning, which is a shame .

Just curious ! :)

actully i`m sad of not couriging this beautiful arts in our country

we have places to teach those stuff but not a lot of women knows that fantastic art

for example for me before i learnt crochet (uear and ahalf ago) i didn`t know anything about it and i wasn`t intrested until i saw some projects made by a cousin`s wife

these days in my country all the girls want to learn just to use it for trading ( selling accesoreis made by crochet , scarves , shawls ...etc.)

but for me i`m willing to teach my neeses (if i had) daughters and grand daughter and will force my grand daughters to teach their daughters hehehe :devil

OK...the buff looks pinkish at my end, but here are my 3 (12 inch) squares. Using a different brand of yarn for the black had me alter the last row to keep them uniform in size (used sc instead of hdc).

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o160/judianne_photos/HPIM0004.jpg

well, at least the link is here...:P

nice squares perfect colours :cheer

Wow...look at all these pretty spreads...makes me want to start saving patterns.

Ok here is my show and tell for the day..ive got another panel ready to add to it but im to tired tonight.

I also have 3 rows of my casablanca done and more to sew on(it flys the way Julie showed us)...again to tired tonight and feel icky :sick...will lay it out on my bed tomorrow and get photos of it for you...it is a monster.

BS2.jpg

bs1.jpg

BS3.jpg

great you are in perfect working speed keep the great jod :clap

forines13

i wish you don`t mind i saw your pictures in you album wooooooooooow is little than what your work really deserves

amazing

i loved all your works :)

i wish someday i can do the same way

ok QUESTION (DON`T EVER STOP ASKING BAD HABBIT HAHAHA)

your quilting crcheted afghan i lived it the one has purple , white , light blue ..etc.

do you have the pattern for it

its wonderful

what pattern is that?? i love it

it will be a luxury bedspread ;):c9

i cant wait to see it finished :hug

q8 thank you. The pattern I am using is this one:

http://www.angelfire.com/folk/celtwich/PopcornBS46.html

I am using a very thin yarn rather than thread for this pattern so the squares measure 7.5 inches. I am making a double bed size for my bed and yes I think it will look lovely when it is finished but it may take me a while to get there. I am aiming for 2-3 squares a day as I am trying to finish other projects. Have you completed your exams?

forines13

i wish you don`t mind i saw your pictures in you album wooooooooooow is little than what your work really deserves

amazing

i loved all your works :)

i wish someday i can do the same way

ok QUESTION (DON`T EVER STOP ASKING BAD HABBIT HAHAHA)

your quilting crcheted afghan i lived it the one has purple , white , light blue ..etc.

do you have the pattern for it

q8 that was a quilt I was determined to finish ...it was never a WIP. Here is the pattern I followed:

http://www.quilterscache.com/J/JewelBoxBlock.html

Is this the one you mean?

I am now able to access this site and reply .... sigh of relief....

Shaylen that is amazing and such a rich warm colour. Very spectacular....

you have come far since you last posted a photo. Great work!

Fidgement I like it ...very delicate and classy.

hseger your colours are happy colours .... cannot wait to see the next colour. The blue and green combo looks great.

forines13

why you werent able to to access this site and reply ??

can i ask one last question??

your quilted afghan how much of yarn you have used??

sorry for alot of questions but i wanna go to buy them :)

forines13

why you werent able to to access this site and reply ??

can i ask one last question??

your quilted afghan how much of yarn you have used??

sorry for alot of questions but i wanna go to buy them :)

q8 I could not open some threads,others took ages to open and when I tried to reply I could not submit. This was the only site that was playing up... it seems to be fine now. :clap

As for how much yarn I used .... I really cannot tell you.... I rarely keep a record of what I use and as I have made a few since then I cannot remember how much of each colour I used....sorry :oops The small squares measure 2.5 inches the the big half squares are 5 ins. I would suggest that you buy the main colour and (cream/white or the colour of your choice ) and hook away until you use up the skein and then you can calculate approximately what you may need. That usually works and you will need lots of the 2.5 inches main colour so you make a start before you commit to the other colours.

HELP!!!!

I am doing the casablanca and as you know I was having problems with the

bi color squares. Anyway I tried to do them and here is one now. The problem I have and sorry about the bad photo but can you see in the corners where the two different colors meet, well see how the other color runs over the corner and a bit into the other side. Well when you go to single crochet them together that bit of different color is in the way of the line the other color makes. Shouldnt the white on the bottom go right to the corner and shouldnt the pink at the top go right to the corner. Have I explained this ok. The pattern tells you to slip stitch into the top of the stitch of the last color but Im not sure if this is right.

MVC-025F.jpg

wendy if you look at my half square you can see that this does happen... it is obvious on the lower front half squares before they are joined. Then look at the sewn product and it does not look as obvious. I hope this helps.

2444864480058018460HvBsth_th.jpg

Here is another close up of a granny half square

2565668930058018460fKLeWr_th.jpg

Archived