Wheat ear cable...in crochet

I statred on a basic cable pattern but frogged it I wanted to design my own...since I am also a knitter one thought was a wheatear cable, I did not feel like googleing for a pattern (I dont even know if one exists) so I tried...and it worked.

crocheted wheat ear cable...

wheater.jpg

its hard to see in this pic but I promise you its there.

I'll go check my knitting samples so I can remember what the wheat ear looks like. I believe you but the shiny yarn makes it difficult to see detail.

if I know what it looks like I will be able to see it.

Lindsay, it is absolutely gorgeous! The wheat ear is a new one on me...gonna Google it...but then it's been decades since I've really spent time knitting and crocheting. When you said you're gonna get it written down, does that mean you're gonna share? If it doesn't already exist, I'd do something about making it your own...copyright or whatever. I envy you talented people who can design. I'm trying to create a garland I haven't seen anywhere--think I might have an original (of course, there are similar garlands but haven't seen anything exactly like it).

Thanks for sharing!

Thank you Lindsay but I have many knitted samples that I made -so I can see what would work- and I knew I had done the Wheat ear one. I just checked my sample so now I can see it.

Sorry, just old eyes and light plays havoc with photos.

It does make a nice filler stitch. If we can ever get that Aran Design CAL happening this could be a good stitch to keep on hand.

Archived