First attempt at purse

lisab

separ_1.jpgThis is my first attempt at making a purse. The pattern is from the Lion website and I used 2 strands-1 of Homespun in Baroque and 1 of Patons Chunky Tweed in Bisquit. I used a different flower pattern and added a little bling in the center. I might try making another with plastic handles instead of the crocheted ones. Heres the link for the pattern http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/cctq-twoRedsBag.html?noImages=0

lionpatternpurse3.jpg

lionpatternpurse5.jpg

That's a great first attempt! Everything looks very professionally done, including the handles and the lining. I personally like the crocheted handles better because they are much more comfortable to hold.

:D Thanks for all your supportive comments! The lining was packaged fabric from Michaels for $2.99. I love the purple paisley lining and am hoping it will hold up. I'm not a sewer so I used Fabric Tak. I'm also thinking of trimming the ends of the lining with maybe a purple velvet ribbon.

I would never have guessed it was a first purse attempt. Nicely done! And I agree that crocheted handles are more comfortable

Archived