Another of Cupcakes Tea Cozys

theworm

I love Cupcakes Popcorn Pattern! I've been stressing about so many projects, but I just made this tea cozy tonight! The pattern works up so fast.

My mom's birthday is in a few week. I bought her a nice tea pot and made this cozy for it. I still have to make the hot pad, but that will be fast and can wait till tomorrow. :)

th_MomsTeaCozy.jpg

Thanks everyone. I appreciate all the nice comments.

As you may have read, after posting the photo of this cozy, I found my dear cat dead, and I've been in a state of shock. I feel beat up, but my kitty didn't suffer, and we have brought another cat into our house, and as sad as I am I need to focus on the good stuff.

The cozy pattern is available at Cupcake's Etsy store. Check out her blog and or store and you can find it. It's just a few dollars and is a GREAT pattern - works up very quickly and easily. I've made a few, and I love it!!

The tea pot is a great quality pot from Chantal. They are, I think, reasonably priced for the quality. You can get sales on discontinued colors at the site, but I got mine new at a REAL bargain price on eBay.

The yarn is really beautiful, and I love the color. It looks really nice on the brown pot, but after getting halfway through the cozy I realized it might have been a poor choice. It is Patons SWS in the "natural earth" color. I hope that a wool blend wasn't a huge mistake. It is hand washable, so I'm hoping it will be ok.

Cute Cozy! I love Cupcake's patterns! I made her first cozy....the one with all the scallops on it, and I am always getting compliments when guests are over and I use it! This one is very pretty and I like the colors that you chose!

Archived