Doily and Snowflake Blocking Guides

KateCrochets

th_16.gif th_16c.gif

I'm pretty anal-retentive about blocking doily - a new doiy guide means I pull out some fresh foam board, a protractor and sharpie pens, followed by saran wrap and pins.... lots of pins!

I made some guide images to help myself (and anyone who blocks, not necessarily as crazily as me, just more so than eyeballing it!). They can be printed out and put under your work when you block. Easy peasy.

The images I have so far are all at this post of my blog.

Great help - thank you! My method for blocking doilies (due to the fact that I have been living in various university residences for six years, where there is not much space for boards and stuff) has always been a barbarous one: I simply pinned the doily into the (hard enough...) bed. Now I'm a doctoral student, so I should take my doilies more seriously... thanks again!

Drawing up these guidelines is a brilliant idea, and making them available to everyone is very kind of you. I read some of your blog posts, and I so agree with the tester who said she loves to test because it means she is playing a small part in the creative process. I do hope I will get a chance to test for you sometime. I find it both exciting and satisfying.

• 2 weeks later...

This is just what I was looking for. I have a bunch of snowflakes that I need to block and now I know how to do it. I think that I am going to swipe some of the hubbys foam board tomorrow when he isn't looking.:D

Hi Kate,

For some reason I can't see the guides on your blog (all the other photos seem to show up, it's just the guides:think). Is there some way you can post (or send me a PM with) direct links to the images? That seems to help here at the ville when I can't see the posted images.

TIA

Sweetie you are a life saver!!

Although I have blocked all the snowflakes I have made so far, I will surely want to make more because you have the different graphs for blocking.

Thank you soo much for saving me lots of blocking time!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived