Felting in a front-load washer?

Krystal16

http://www.berroco.com/exclusives/kluster/kluster.html

I have ONE skein of very cute pink wool yarn that I received in a lot box. Otherwise, I've never used wool, as I hate wearing it - too itchy!

So, I saw this pattern (above) and absolutely LOVE it. But, I wanted to know if having a front-load washer would be OK? It doesn't have an agitator, and only spills a little water in at a time, it doesn't submerge the item. Anyone else have this kind of washer? Will it work? If so, I think I'm going to go ahead and do it!

:D

If you check the 'Felting' section, there have been a few discussions about this recently. I would say to try it and throw a couple of things in, like old jeans or tennis balls, to aid with the agitation. It may take a few washes to get it felted the way you want it. That is a perfect project to try it out with.

Joan

Just me,

It's worth getting a front-load, even if you have to go to someone's house to felt every now and then. I absolutely LOVE my front-load. It uses nearly 1/3 of the water, does a load 2x the size, and spins it so darn dry that my dryer takes the same amount of time that the washer does.

Great upgrade, in my mind.

You put tennis shoes in yours? Did the felting work? I have a front-loader, too, and haven't ever tried felting anything yet.

Maytag Neptunes are great for washing. :clap (Yes, I have one).

Unfortunately, I'm not crazy 'bout it for felting. :no

'sOK though. DH suggested that I take my next felting project to the laundramat. :P

Archived