Purse Along

ASLMOMMA

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are each going to make whatever kind of purse we want to make.:) The point is to see our individuality and be creative. As this is my first ever project, I'll be making a simple envelope style purse.

Ok! I'm in! This could be fun. I'm into the whole purse thing right now anyway. My Daughter is begging me to do a couple of items for her as well so this will help push me to get them done :hook

Off to look over my stash to see if I have ANYTHING i can use or if I just have to go yarn shopping:yes

The CALs are going to get me in trouble. However I think I have the perfect stuff sitting at home for this one.

I think I will try making a small bag of some kind out of some Black Aunt Lydias Cotton of some kind. I made DH a hat and made myself waht was supposed to be a shopping bag, but it steched too much when used and is usesless as such. I guess I could frog it, but I use it to keep active projects in so it is kept to good use anyway.

Andrea,

You did a great job. I'm working on a purse now, but have a question on the lining (if you don't mind helping a "purse newbie"). How did you attach the lining? Is it with thread or yarn? And just how hard was it to do?

Thanks, in advance, for your help.

Andrea -- that looks great, I LOVE that purse pattern:manyheart

I did a few more rows on mine last night, I hope too finish by Friday, I can't use hot water in my washer, the tap leaks and floods my laundry room LOL but my parents are going away for the night and asked me to go stay over to watch the cat and dog....and I want too use their washer to felt my purse...If I don't get it done Fri, than Halloween for sure i'm back over there than to take the girls trick or treating :jack

~Knikki~

I totally agree!!!! LOL!!!!

~Andrea~

That looks wonderful!!!!! Great Job!

ahhhhh, nooo, another one! LOL!

My sil wants a purse, she saw the pattern in

one of my mags.........I want to make it for her,

but, not sure if I have time..........

Let me figure that one out, and I'll come back!

(I'm sure I will be back, and soon!)LOL

Just curious as to what kind of purses you have decided on doing. Mine is a tote. I don't know how to add links right now so when I get home tonight I will try to figure that out and add a link to it (since it is a free pattern). Like I said, just curious.

Lisa here is where I learned how to do the lining she makes it real simple( cuz that is what i need lol)

http://crochetkel.blogspot.com/2006/10/sew-you-wanna-line-your-fat-bottom-bag.html

I sewed it in with a whipstitch and it was easier than I thought cuz well I dont sew at all LOl.

Thanks to all of you for your compliments. Now I want to see some pics when you guys get em going.:cheer

Most of mine, actually, are free hand, or I see something I like and take a picture of it, then make my own version of it. I'll have to post some pics, soon.

Most of mine, actually, are free hand, or I see something I like and take a picture of it, then make my own version of it. I'll have to post some pics, soon.

I do the same thing. I either free hand it, or get inspired and change it to suit me. I have been working on a thread medallion purse for the last year :blush and am almost there. I think I just need 10 more squares. I also had just bought some wool to make a purse to felt. So maybe I can kill 2 WIP's with one along :lol

I finished my purse last night and then threw it in the washing machine and felted it. As soon as it dries I will post a pic. I just love it so am going to make another one.

Just one question though for people who have felted, do you line your felted bags or not? :think

Archived