Purse Along

ASLMOMMA

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh I forgot to post here. Because I found a real pretty verigated yarn, I had to make something with it and decided on an easy purse.

Napleon Purse is what I came up with.

I'm still doing the spring purse, but really needed a new one (unless I wanted to fix my last one, which I cold have). And I liked this color of yarn. Plus this spring one will take a while because there are flowers on it to make and sew on. But I will finish it. It will become a summer purse:yes.

Debbi

Oh I forgot to post here. Because I found a real pretty verigated yarn, I had to make something with it and decided on an easy purse.

Napleon Purse is what I came up with.

I'm still doing the spring purse, but really needed a new one (unless I wanted to fix my last one, which I cold have). And I liked this color of yarn. Plus this spring one will take a while because there are flowers on it to make and sew on. But I will finish it. It will become a summer purse:yes.

Debbi

Thanks for the link, that's a cute purse! I started my green purse but got sidetracked by other stuff....lots of other stuff! Oh well....I'll get it done 'one day'....:lol

• 3 weeks later...

:yayI made an adorable version of the Tulip Purse out of the free collection on Lion Brand's website. Any little girl who's into purses and dressing up would love it!

I used some sport weight lavender yarn I inherited from my mother (it was probably left-over from some baby gift she made) for the flower part and the handle and stem from a skein of Berrocco silky something or other in a wonderful celery-type green. Other than the colors, it turned out nearly identical to the pattern pic. I also added a little piece of velro in the tip of the middle petal for a fastener.

Apparently I am not allowed to post pics here yet so here is a link to the pattern: http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/60065.html?noImages=0

Well, I can try this, I have a pic of it with the bunny I made posted in my MSN group - Official Two. Maybe you can view it there.

http://groups.msn.com/OfficialTwo/cm4bleenmb64.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=20

I don't have a blog or an online album, by the time I peek into this forum, check out the MSN group, and read all the newsletters I get, I can be sidetracked for hours. So instead of actually crocheting something, I've found another whole bunch of projects I want to do!

• 2 weeks later...

That tulip purse is so cute!

Purse Organizer Pattern - link to an idea you may want to use if you're making a lot of purses for yourself. And if you don't do pockets (like me) or just want something to transfer from one purse to another.

I've started one, although using similar colors to my current purse, but thought it would be fine in just black and white. Mine wont' be felted, but just crocheted using my own measurements. I'm using RH SS and a G hook and HDC. I did mine the height that I wanted it and then 25" long. Now I'm on the front part which is a little shorter.

Just thought I'd share this idea to purse lovers who may have missed the post (and sometimes I can find it easier linked in a CAL:blush).

Debbi

I can't wait to see what purses you make!

I'm working on other projects at the moment, and my green spring purse may become a fall purse at this rate:lol. Maybe I could add leafs instead of flowers:think. Or just finish it and put it away for next spring. Or maybe add Christmas poinsettas or maybe have whatever I have on it removable, then make it an All Season Purse. :yes. That could be cute.

Debbi

I started an Ice Cream Cone purse yesterday. I couldn't find a pattern anywhere for one so I'm making my own. I'm writing down the pattern as I go since I want to make sereral in different colors to put projects in.

I've seen a few ice cream cone purses and can't wait to see yours. I think a pattern may be bought, but not sure. Of course sometimes what people can make up is better or at least different.

I've been carrying mesh shopping bags to carry my projects in... yes I did make them for shopping, but they work great as WIP bags LOL. Ice cream cones purses would be cute for WIPs! And probably easier to find which one you're working on, a white top one for say another purse... a pink top for the ami... a napoleon color top for a scarf...

Debbi

Archived