Baby, It's Cold Outside CAL - Larger Sizes TOO!!!

KnicKnac

Amber- I don't know if doubling the baby coordinates would work, or not... You could try it, and see what your guage is coming out to. If it is still too small, maybe you should try two sport weight yarns or one of a yarn like Homespun or a worsted weight.. Try doing a guage with the two baby coordinates though and see how it turns out. :hook

Tina

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amber - When I made the size 2, I used Red Heart Light and Lofty, which is listed as a "6" or "super-bulky."

In my head, whenever I substitute, I try to get the numbers to add up. So, I would probably try two yarns that are a 3 weight or a 4 and a 2 to equal the 6.

Hope this helps!

I finally started, I have been reading through all you posts and looking at your wonderful pictures and could not resist.

I am using a lighter yarn but the correct size hook and the gague seems o.k. so far.

I love crochet, it comes together so quickly. I will post pic as soon as I have it done. This will be my 1st CAL. :clap

p.s. where can I find the little maryjane pattern.

Thank you

Bec

HI-

This post has gotton soooooo long....

I had read at some point that some kind soul was going to put together a chart for mods for larger sizes. Can someone lead me to it if it ever happened. I read Darskis instructions to figure out my self but I'm just clueless and can't figure it out!

TIA!

Karen

:yay :yay :yay YAY!!!! That is going to be sooo helpful!! Thank you Kristen and KnicKnac!! :hug :hug

Tina

Yes, it took me awhile, but I have it posted, it's here:

http://www.knicknac.com/crochetville/bico-chart.htm

I will also post it to the beginning of this thread.

Thank you Kristen for handling this chart for us!

Yes, it took me awhile, but I have it posted, it's here:

http://www.knicknac.com/crochetville/bico-chart.htm

I will also post it to the beginning of this thread.

Thank you Kristen for handling this chart for us!

Thanks ladies for the chart. My DB and DSIL are here now visiting and I gave them the 1st BICO I made and they like it. :yes:manyheart I wanted to make it in larger sizes as my DB's GD grows up. Now to finish the 2nd one I started. :)

Pat Ada

Oh my goodness I have been trying to figure out how I would adjust it for different sizes. You have just saved my sanity. I still have my L plates on so this is a lifesaver.

Bec

I am so happy I finally figured out how to get it posted! Kristen really did a nice job compiling the information!

Don't forget that I put it in the first post in case you peeps ever need to find it again!

here is a set that i made for a friend

with my sheepskin booties :hook

oh the pink beanie is for her 2 year old:yes

IMG_1033.jpgIMG_1032.jpg

BEAUTIFUL:yay :yay

What is the yarn you used for the trim? It's a great idea to liven up the white:cheer

I am getting ready to start my first ever crocheted sweater using this pattern. I can't wait to try it after seeing everyone else's success. I am going to have to do some searching to figure out how to switch it around a bit to make it work with the yarn I will be using (Caron Simply Soft). I am sure there are instructions out there for folks not using Homespun. If anyone can tell me where to look and save me a bit of my time, I would appreciate it!

I started one yesterday using 2 strands of Bernats baby coordinants(which is a 3 weight) in lemon custard. I got to row 19 and it doesnt look big enough for a 2 yo. I think i'll take it apart and start over, this time using only one strand and Darski's instructions for increasing the size. What i have done looks pretty though :D. just very small lol.

Michele, what size are you wanting to make? Can you possibly do two strands? Let's go from there.

Tee! Hee! Patience is not my virtue! Thanks for the offer of help, but I am already over half done now! I am using the Caron Simply Soft and a G hook. I am hoping to make two sweaters for twins that were also premature. In the first post of this thread, I found the link to the size chart. According to that, someone else made a Preemie size using this same yarn and a G hook so I thought I would give it a try! I will be sure to let you know if it works out well for me. Thank you!!

Oh, and I fogot to say, once I get these done, I would love to make one for my 5 year old daughter. Anyone else made one in a similar size with success?

Oh, and I fogot to say, once I get these done, I would love to make one for my 5 year old daughter. Anyone else made one in a similar size with success?

Yes as Amber said I made one (to be worn over sweaters as a fall jacket) for my 4.5yo dd. All modifications are on my blog. I'd be happy to help you as well.

Thank you, everyone for offering to help! Folks at Crochetville are just so NICE!!

I have finished one sweater and have the second one done, except for the contrasting trim, buttons and sewing up the sides. The second one seems to have gone even faster than the first. I guess that is because I was more comfortable with the pattern.

I will try to get some photos up when I am done. My kids all think they are terribly cute. Makes me want to have another baby! :dreaming (Someone, give me a good slap to bring me back to my senses, please.)

Wow! These worked up so easily. Now I want to make matching little hats!!

Archived