Baby, It's Cold Outside CAL - Larger Sizes TOO!!!

KnicKnac

Someone did a 24 month version but I can't tell you what to use with chunky yarn. If you can find that (check the first post for links to actual versions) post, it might tell you what you need to know to make yours work.

I'll do a quick check but as I said, I'm not good with messing with yarn types. I find it easier to do the math than to figure that stuff out

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did a 24 month but a pull over and not chunky. Is the chunky the same weight as the lions brand that it calls for? If so you may just be able to go by the measurements at yarnstandards.com for length and increase by 6 chains for a 24 month size, not sure if it will work but it may if they are both the same weight. I hope that made sense and wasnt a bunch of mumbo jumbo. lol

well I started another that was supposed to be in the form of a BICO for my SIL but I made it too long so instead of my st's going side to side they go up and down, and I am adding the sleeves on the end,and of course a different trim and a collar for her. LOL

I have been tempted to try a wrist to wrist form of this but then it becomes a different sweater I guess. I am looking forward to seeing your pictures.

Me too! Particularly if I ever get the courage to try to make one for myself. The vertical patterning would be kinder to my fluffiness! :lol

Joan

i made one for my gd who is 2 1/2. i used bernat soft boucle in navy and the trim is 2 strands of bernat baby soft in her jeans. i love the way it came out but i wish i had made it just a little larger so it could be a jacket. i made a matching hat in the bernat baby soft with the soft boucle as a trim. when i have some time i will post a pic. i think i am done with bico for now.

archrttcwgrl- I did a search in this thread because someone else asked about that too. (Including me.) Hope this helps.....

Laurie- Lilybean kinda told how she did the pullover here. (Post #13, scroll down a little...) Ginny (aka Flying hooks) said you should add another inch to the measurements though since those are the actual body measurements. (Hope I'm getting that right.) I want to try one in the pullover version, too (size 2T) but like you said, 'Too many frying pans in the fire' right now. I want to finish up a little what I got going then do another one.

Tina

I love the pull over style..How do you do it?

When I did the pullover version in the size three, I just

worked the pattern to the end of the sleeve section on the right side. (BO)

Then I did the left side to the end of the sleeve section . (BO)

I put the two together RS over LS and worked across the row as if it were just one piece.

I did use a different colour and a design stitch to cover the fact that the left was off pattern from the right.

When I worked the two together for the joining, I followed the established pattern from the right side.

Hope this helps

S362-1.jpg

I did the back and sleeves up to the neck opening, after the what is it 3 rows for the neck I finished off, picked up and repeated the same thing on the other side plus one row, now instead of finishing off I ch'ed the #of st that I slipped for the neck opening and joined at the opposite side and then continued in one peice. I hope that makes sense.

Baby It's Cold Inside. This is dedicated to my friend Fran who is freezing in Mississippi even Inside :heehee

The colours are really pretty together even if they don't photograph well. There is white, yellow, golden yellow and trim is a clear orange.

bici01.jpg

a close up and better idea of colours

bici02.jpg

This is called BICI because it is the BICO done vertically. this was made to the measurements of my size 3 version.

darski - that is a beautiful "variation on a theme"! It reminds me of the sno' cones I was sometimes allowed to get when I was much younger! I always had a hard time deciding on the color because they all looked so good!!

Thank you so much.

I am now planning my next BICO. It is to be a Women's size M in blue. I hope to give a watery wave effect to the bottom as it is a reward to a teen friend who just did a polar swim for World Vision's "Fill a Stable" program. I didn't choose blue for water... just because she likes blue but it is a nice touch. Need some icicles on there somewhere.

so my long sweater has been done I just forgot to tell you all, lol. it came out great and I want to make one for me as well, it didnt go totally like a BICO, like I mentioned before I did it up and down crocheting rather than side to side, then I added crocheted the sleeves right to it. I will take pics later and post em probably tomorrow. I am gonna see if my dh will model it for me beign that it is supposed ot be an xl

Way to go Kristen. I can't wait for pics. I think my BICI would probably look like yours but I started at a wrist instead of adding sleeves.

I have started on my navy blue BICO for my (women's medium) young friend. I love working with navy and this one is a really rich, pretty, navy.

Archived