Freeform Fall Hat

nccg47

Always want to make something in a freefrom way. Here is it - a freeform hat with fall color, rich burgundy, orange, yellow, dark green and a lot of variagated of those colors... Stitches used including rolls, hyperbolic, rose, leafs and many fill in pieces to complete the hat. A real fun to make! I am sure I will make more freeform hats and purses.:manyheart

fallhat.gif

Oh I am so going to start doing freeform. I just love the way it looks. I just have too many WIPS right now but as soon as I am done dd's giant granny afghan I am going to start working on a freeform hat. I already notice that the post office (my major outing of the day) lady's lips twitch when I show up with a new hat.:lol

Rachel

Great Hat!!! I love yourcolor selections.

I have a question. When you make a garment, like a hat or sweater, etc. do you crochet a framework first and then applique the freeform bits to it, or does the freeform make the actual fabric of the item?

Joan

Great Hat!!! I love yourcolor selections.

I have a question. When you make a garment, like a hat or sweater, etc. do you crochet a framework first and then applique the freeform bits to it, or does the freeform make the actual fabric of the item?

Joan

Yes, I picked the colors, made many individul motifs including leafs, flowers, fill ins and etc, crochet a framework which would fit my maniquine(s) and then put the pieces together.:)

Ning, that's beautiful! You are so talented. I've never tried free-form because it always looked a little "out there" to me but this hat is just wonderful.

Archived