Upcoming new book: In the Loop

MOBOGAL

Hi!

So I came across this book on Amazon (I'm always trolling for new exciting crochet books). Josi Hannon Madera's book "In the Loop" is due out in May '07. And by the description, it sounds awesome! Anyone heard anything about this? I found some of the patterns via google, and I'm excited about this one. I'm looking forward to seeing all of the new books coming out (Doris Chan, Lily Chin, Vickie Howell etc). Sigh...crochet books are becoming an addiction for me!

http://www.amazon.com/Loop-Fun-Sexy-Designs-Crochet/dp/1581808690/sr=8-1/qid=1160342907/ref=pd_bbs_1/002-7750000-0150452?ie=UTF8&s=books

No, I hadn't heard of this book yet; but thank you so much for putting the word out! Did you see that it comes with a CD-ROM with "a pattern customizer that allows the reader to input her exact measurements and receive a pattern for any of the book's designs in her size" !!!! That ROCKS! Now how are we ever going to be able to wait till May???

Well, you got me. I put this one on my wish list. I have to have it because of the cd-rom included. Do you have any idea how hard it is to find patterns in my size (22-24) in most crochet books/magazines? Wow!!

I totally agree! The CD-rom part is amazing! I also like the fact that the sweater styles are interchangeable and you can pick the shaping etc you like best for your own body type/size. It really sounds customizable, which is super exciting! I guess May isn't too far away :)

this is just too exciting..Ladies there is no way they can say this is just like your granny's crochet! I cant wait to see this. People are finally beginning to take crocheting serious.

HEY FOR US!!!!

WOWOWOW!!! I can't WAIT for this to come out! Say goodbye to frogging projects that don't fit properly! And the pattern on the cover looks super cute. Thanks for sharing!!!!!

Do you have any idea how hard it is to find patterns in my size (22-24) in most crochet books/magazines? Wow!!

-----------

Yes, I do! And so I find the pattern customizer an attractive feature. I'm just hoping the designs aren't too, too young (since they say they're targeting 18-35 year olds, and those of us a little bit outside that like smart clothes, too!). But I did add this to my Amazon wish list, just in case...

OH I am addicted to crochet books too! I just checked it out on Amazon it sounds like something new and exciting interchangable sweater parts sounds cool! I am excited but we have to wait until MAY! :bang

Looks like alot of new books coming out I can't wait for Doris Chan's new book which is due out in November she is one of my favorite designers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Perhaps the publication date got pushed back? There's contact information at the base of the pattern generator page (see the link in post #12). Would an email be out of line to ask when we can expect to see the book?

A personalized pattern generator is too good a tool to give up lightly!

~ Joy

I was eagerly waiting for this book. To the best of my understanding (from reading her blog), there were some conflicts with the publisher and the author bought back the rights to her book. She has a new website where she has released some of the patterns for purchase, and she plans to release more. (I'm not affiliated with her, I was just really looking forward to the idea of a custom raglan sweater generator!!). I hope she actually publishes it online someday. Here is her new website.

http://www.weirdmirror.org/

josi's website is actually http://www.artofcrochet.com but weirdmirror.org will forward accordingly.

she did indeed buy back her book, and i think it's for the best. a publisher's vision can sometimes limit the vision of an artist who wants to provide something that no one else is or has. josi has worked really hard to create a place that will offer customization AND fashion. over the weekend she should be posting the link to purchase her "mod squad cabled skirt" which, i personally think, is one of the sexiest and fashion-minded skirts i've ever seen in crochet.

Thanks for the info!

Yes, her designs do look marvelous, and it's too bad the publication of the book didn't work out. I'm glad that she had the means to buy back the rights to the book, though. I'm looking forward to whatever else she might put out!

~ Joy

I tried looking up this book on Amazon but the link doesn't work and it doesn't come up in the results list. Has anyone bought this book yet? is it good?

It seems that the author Josi and publisher couldn't come to an agreement about the book, so she bought back her rights to the book. Unless someone else publishes it (or she self-publishes), it looks like this book isn't going to happen. I'm pretty sad about it. See post #17 in this thread.

Do check out her website, though! Gorgeous stuff. http://www.artofcrochet.com

~ Joy

Archived