Amish tragedy

salos

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mary,

They are all lovely. Thank you so much for giving us all the opportunity to express our love and support to these families. I really appreciate all of your hard work and effort and particularly for making it possible for me to be a part of such an increadible project.

With the greatest respect and admiration,

Laurine

Mary, I'm not too worried about having my name and address specifically attached. I put a few details on the card I included so that ought to be sufficient :)

And thank you to your hubby for the photos of the finished afghans :) Lovely to see!

- Kristy

First off, thanks for all your hard work putting these together, they are all beautiful, you did a wonderful job.

Feel free to include my name and address, thank you for asking!

Mary:

I doesn't matter to me whether my name is on there or not, whatever you are doing for everyone else is fine with me. Where you able to use the small 6" rose and lavendar squares? Or did I send those to Denny :scrachin I know I sent her the varigated ones my daughter made, but I think they were 10" :huh Oh well, it doesn't matter, I just try to keep track of everything in a book I have. :think The reasoning behing this:

5 years after my grandmother passed away I was going through a box of things my Aunt have given me that belonged to my grandmother. There was a little black book in it and I opened it up and started reading through it and at first it didn't make any sense to me, but after about 10 minutes I realized that it was a log of all of the projects she had done, when and for whom. There were crochet projects, knitting projects, doilies (isn't this tatting?) and hand made quilts. I also found a hand made quilt that her oldest sister, Oma, had made for her when Oma was 98 years old and it was still wrapped in butcher paper and tied with twine. Since Oma was 98 in 1977, the quilt will be 40 years old in 2007. (I can post a picture if anyone is interested). Oma was Amish. Interesting ha? So, I decided to try to keep track of my projects like my grandmother did, but I forgot to write down the last set of squares I did for you. Thank you.

p.s. Maybe I shouldn't have posted this here as it really doesn't relate. Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack!!:eek

Dragonfli, there were two 6" rose squares that I couldn't fit in. I don't know if they were yours or not. I had very, very few squares that didn't get put into an afghan, I think only four 12" squares and six 6" squares. I think that's pretty good, considering.

I sent the extra 12" squares to Project Rest Assured, and the 6" squares will find a good home also.

That's wonderful!! Thanks for the recount, I just wrote them in my book, my 9 yr old was trying to help me remember, ie., well you were working on this mom and I was working on that . . . . . so I think I have them down right. I usually write them when I am working on them, but life has been a little hectic lately:thair and the only piece of mind I get is to sit down with hook and yarn!!:hook I keep thinking, if my grandmother can do it with 12 kids, I should be able to do it with only two! LOL :lol

I am sure that God does keep a record, I know that we count his blessings in our home each day. I guess I was just thinking about something wonderful to leave my girls, like my grandmother left me. I apologize if my inquiry was offensive in any way, it was not my intent.

This morning I spoke with a pastor in Bart, Pennsylvania who agreed to deliver the afghans for us. Today I'll check the afghans and make sure they're labeled with their contributors, and then send them on their way. Our CV contributors were:

Lost Cove, Mumbles17, Dragonfli, Worm, CrochetRN, Shaelynnsmom, Sahahne, Pineknott, Chrispersmom, Kriswilli, Mom w/a Motif, Tiga, Breger3, Seneca & Scooch, and Chiscrochetcrazy. M. and Donna from PRA also contributed. WOW!!!!

I'll let you know when the box goes off. Great job, gals.

I hope it will bring some measure of comfort to these people to know that some people do care.

Tina

That's my hope. The man I talked with this morning is really nice, so I think he'll do a good job delivering the afghans for us.

I forgot to mention. The box weighed 26 pounds. That's a lot of stitches, ladies.

Update on the Roberts comfortghan: I'm busy putting the squares together. Still edging some of them to make them the same size. I think this is going to be beautiful when finished. This is the first time I have put one of these together and it is fun figuring out how to fit it together. I hope everyone is pleased when I finish. I have had some other things I'm doing along with it, so I'm sorry it has been slow going. I hope to mail it out next weekend to the family.

Denise

I was remiss previously in not offering a thank you to you Denise for your hardwork as well! But a BIG thank you to you also. Both you and Mary are very kind to offer to do this for us all. I'm sorry to not have contributed to the afghan you are putting together as well, but am still very much looking forward to seeing the final product. :)

Kristy

:hugThank you for the sweet thank you card mary, not necessary , but very sweet. I enjoyed helping out. It was the first thing I did after joining the ville, and the charity stuff is one of the reasons I joined. You deserve all the thanks....you had the most work.:hug

Archived