Tx Crochet Retreat! CANCELLED see post 101

Hi ladies. I am currently residing in the frosty northern regions (Canada) but it looks like my husband is being transferred to Houston in January. I would love to join you on your retreat if only to meet some new friends. I am afraid I am going to be mighty lonely in big ol' Texas. I am a stay at home mom so I am a little panicky about the move and meeting new people!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi ladies. I am currently residing in the frosty northern regions (Canada) but it looks like my husband is being transferred to Houston in January. I would love to join you on your retreat if only to meet some new friends. I am afraid I am going to be mighty lonely in big ol' Texas. I am a stay at home mom so I am a little panicky about the move and meeting new people!

That would be great! I'd love someone to talk 'Canadian' too. I lived near Ottawa for all my life until just 3 1/2 years ago when I moved to Big Ol' Texas! It'd be great to meet you!!

That would be great! I'd love someone to talk 'Canadian' too. I lived near Ottawa for all my life until just 3 1/2 years ago when I moved to Big Ol' Texas! It'd be great to meet you!!

Small world! I grew up in Kingston!

Hook Junky, the more the merrier!

So, the latest update:

Today I am going to a place by Granbury and will check it out.Then I am off to an annual ladies campout and I am so ready!!!

Anyhoo, here is the link.

http://www.coveredbridgeinn.com/index.htm

Added bonus, Granbury has a LYS I will visit too.

The Arabella Retreat I visited the other day between Canton and Tyler is on the short list. So , more when I get back. Have a wonderful weekend!

I found a great place for our retreat! :cheer It has a huge common area with tables for show and tell and a big living area with couches and chairs to comfortably house us for crochet and sharing! This place is called Covered Bridge Inn and is south of Weatherford. Here's the link:

The dates I have reserved are March 9- March 11, 2007 :yay

Cost for each guest is $170.00 which includes all taxes. I have the space reserved for 10 people. The first ten who confirm to me with a PM including their real name, address, phone, and valid email for communicating get in. This place will accept 10 or 20. So, if more than 10 really want to make the retreat, I will need to know ASAP to see if the owner still has an opening for 10 more. So, please PM me so I can get this reservation confirmed. Details about your deposits and payments will be through private email.

So, get your hooks ready and let's get this retreat off the planning board and make it a reality!!!!

I'm so stoked, this place is beautiful, they have a lovely deck with hot tub, the grounds are nice for strolling around on, it's easy to get to and the food sounds fabulous!

I received blondi's pm and Lisa's. I also have gotten some others. We need a few more to make the ten and then we are set!

I have had some declines and that makes me sad. But, I am hoping if we pull this together and everyone has a good time, we can make other opportunities to connect!

Keep those PM's coming, I need a headcount!

Hey I love this idea! Can't you just see us all sitting around a big fireplace visiting & crocheting! I don't have a place in mind but I'm very interested.

Hey I love this idea! Can't you just see us all sitting around a big fireplace visiting & crocheting! I don't have a place in mind but I'm very interested.

Take a look at post #75 of this thread.........lots of info that you need.

The place I found should work well for exactly that! It is south of Weatherford, just north of Granbury. Details are on post 80, along with the link to the retreat location. Please PM me with your email address if you want to go to the retreat. Then, we will get all the details fine tuned and go from there!

Hey all,

We have spots still available! :yay

:clap Did you get my e-mail from last night? I am interested for sure. Lavenia.

No, but I got a PM from you. I will be emailing an update sometime today.

Bear with me, I am trying to get over a cold!

We still have spots available! Please PM me with your info so we can get this retreat moving forward! It is going to be so fun, relaxing, did I say hot tub? Chocolate desserts? Yummy food? They even have a workout room! Of course, I usually just work out my crochet hook, but it's an added bonus!

Just a little nudge! I emailed everyone on the wants to go list, but only got one response. I am commited to make this happen, so I need some folks to give me their input on the emails!

Also, we have spots still open! So, anybody that hasn't posted that would like to come, post here and I will contact you!

Have a happy Monday, ya'll!

Just an update! We still have 4 spots open for the retreat! I am going to close the signup on Monday, November 13th. That way, people have time to get the finances in order. Time pay can be accomodated if you are concerned about the total cost of $170.00. Weatherford is about 20 minutes from west Ft. Worth. Approximate mileage from some major cities below:

From Houston - 267 miles

From San Antonio- 277 miles

From Abilene- 155 miles

From Austin- 190 miles

From Lubbock- 300 miles

So, Texans! Sign up for this first Texas Crochet Retreat! I'm stoked for this and have been planning some surprises!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Haven't got any more e-mails. I didn't know about the deadline. Is it too late to sign up or have you got everyone that you need. I'm still interested & am disappointed I missed the date. I thought I was already signed in. Lavenia

Haven't got any more e-mails. I didn't know about the deadline. Is it too late to sign up or have you got everyone that you need. I'm still interested & am disappointed I missed the date. I thought I was already signed in. Lavenia

Lavenia, I just missed putting your name in the list. You are still in. I sent you a PM.

For everyone else, I have not sent any updates, so don't think you missed anything new. I am going to have to change the venue because we have not met the minimum attendance requirements for the Covered Bridge Inn.

I am looking at two places I had researched earlier, one in Denton or possibly the one in Pilot Point, which is a little east of Denton.

I have let the holidays sidetrack me and I apologize.

Oh, I am so jealous! But there's just no way I can attend a retreat so far away. I just know you all are going to have an absolutely fabulous time with each other! :)

(Anyone who wants to attend a similar retreat in the north Alabama/middle Tennessee area, let me know by PM!)

• 3 weeks later...

I am disappointed to tell you that we are definitely going to have to change our venue and possibly the dates. The Covered Bridge will not reduce the number of people so we can utilize this venue. The most likely place is going to be the Lantana Lodge which is east of Denton. I have an email in to the events lady to see what dates may be open. This place is in the country and is beautiful. Also, after I talk with them, I have some options as to the way we can set this venue up. A lot of people said cost was a factor why they couldn't attend. This particular venue will let us customize our needs better than the B&Bs. For one, we don't have to stay Friday thru Sunday. So folks that want to just stay the Saturday night could and that would be cheaper. Also, if we want to reduce the cost, the meals can be excluded in the total price, and each person would pay only for what they want in the dining hall. There are many options in this place that would enable more people to attend. So, after I hear back from the lodge, I will pass the info on. So if anybody wanted to come but couldn't because of cost conflict or date conflicts, this may all change! Needless to say, this has become a fluid situation!

Happy New Year!

Changes! Eeek!

Hey ladies,

I received word from the Covered Bridge Inn that she will accept our small group on the dates of March 9-11, 2007 if we want to go forth with this plan and venue. However, deposit must be in by January 5, 2007. PM me for the address to send the deposit to,or email me. If you are committed to the retreat, please read the email sent today.

I am fully committed to the retreat and want to make this work. If you want to join us, please be advised that the deposit is non refundable after the 5th of January. I am sorry for the short notice. But the coordinator at the Covered Bridge Inn called me back today and said she could accomodate our smaller group because she had another group unable to make the attendance requirement that weekend, too. So, she is needing to fill the spot on her calendar. If we do this, the balance will be due the week before the retreat.

So, do we go with this venue and make it a go? Or do you want to step back, plan for another venue at a later date? Let me know, as this is a time sensitive negotiation with the Covered Bridge Inn.

One thing the lady said to me, " I have been telling everyone, I am having a crochet group here!" She wants us to come and I think this is a great setting for us. So, please respond as quickly as possible! Let's do it!!!!

Here is the link, if you need to take another look!

Regards,

Selena

Archived