Girl's Poncho

tinkerpuppet

I just finished this poncho for my best friends daughter who is turning 10 in a few weeks. I used almost 6 skiens of Bernat Satin and a 5.0mm (h) hook. I used this pattern. I found it a little confusing at first, but then once I figured it out (its really a granny square with a big hole in the middle) it worked up really fast.

I added a shell neckline which I think really finished it off. And I added the bow to show where the front is. When I took the picture I noticed that there's a stripe of a slightly different shade of the pink, and now if I look really carefully I can see it (a skein must've been from a different dye lot), but I'm not to worried about it, especially as its in a spot that might naturally have a stripe.

This is my first 'wearable' and I'm so happy with how it turned out. I can't wait until she gets it!

pics are clickable

th_CelestesPonchoc.jpg

th_CelestesPonchod.jpg

Jennifer it's really pretty! I love the edging on the neck and the bow on the front is a great way to let your little friend know which is front and back. I didn't even notice the stripe until you pointed it out, and you're right, it's in a perfectly natural place

I updated the pictures to show the new bow I did. I just did a double strand chain (to make it a little sturdier). I don't tie a great bow, but I think it looks better with the chain then with the fringey bow I did before. I took the pictures at night this time, and that pink stripe really shows up. But to the naked eye, it doesn't look that obvious.

Thanks for the compliments, I really am happy with this :D

Archived