Has anyone ordered Herrschner's pound samplers?

pragmatica

Has anyone ordered Herrschner's one- and two-pound bags of chenille and "famous maker fashion" yarn? This is the link. The picture looks like it's LB Homespun but of course they can send you anything...

Anyway, the price is great and I could sure use a bunch of yarn, especially with the big need for holiday hats and scarves. Has anyone been brave enough to order this? What did you get? Was it a whole bunch of different colors or sufficient amounts of one dye lot to be useful?

Thanks,

Elissa

I bought this yarn and the color I got was Black. All the skeins came in the same color and it was black. So I had 6 skeins. They were nice and soft and I did use one and it was easy to work with, but you leave the color up to them.

Good luck if you buy it.:hook

Hi,

I received that from Herrschners. I received three skeins of homespun, and three different colors. I suppose I can just make simple hats with it. I wasn't real happy. Maybe someone in my crochet/knitting group will help me make things for charity out of it. Homespun is not my favorite.

:manyheart

Thanks for the info! I was hoping that they'd all be in a color group but I can see that it's just whatever they have lying around the shop. Luckily, I don't mind Homespun...it makes perfect one-skein scarves which I need for random holiday gifts, and as covered in a previous post, one of my cats is a Homespun junkie. But I've got a big order coming in from Smiley's soon, so I'm not allowed to ponder any more yarn purchases until I work through that.

Thanks,

Elissa

• 4 weeks later...

has anyone ordered this sampler 'grab bag' in the last week or so? i'm tempted to get it b/c i need to make quick gifts for friends... bulky yarns would be great in this case! (work up quicker!)... let me know... thanks!

Luckily, I don't mind Homespun...it makes perfect one-skein scarves which I need for random holiday gifts, and as covered in a previous post, one of my cats is a Homespun junkie.

Thanks,

Elissa

Man, yours too??? My cats absolutely love, love, love Homespun. They sit there and knead it and knead it. I had to make them both "baby" blankets. :)

Archived