My hubby's touque

tinkerpuppet

Thanks to the suggestions from some wonderful ladies on the 'Searching for Patterns' forum, I was pointed to this pattern http://www.yarncat.com/snowboarder_skullies.html for a touque for my hubby. I used Bernat Chunky and added a couple extra rows, but it fits great (and my hubby has a fairly large head). Its not lined so won't hold up to our -30 winter, but will be great on days where its chilly but not too cold. Its hard to tell from this picture (especially as the touque is black) but its got great ridges. You can see them in the picture in the pattern. I think it took me about 3 hours this afternoon to make, which as I'm not a really fast crocheter was great! I may make some for gifts for Xmas :D

pic is clickable

th_Garethstouque.jpg

great job on the hat, just yesterday i was trying to do this for my hubby too, but i got confuse on the fpdc, can you by any chance explain how to do this stitch, thank you for sharing. its a great hat:ducky

he looks impressed! nice job :) i looked closely at the pic and could just make out the ridges, I really like it

The hat looks great! I made a similar one for my boyfriend last year in Lion Brand Wool-Easy (Blue Mist) & he really liked his, too. I think making some for gifts is a great idea! (By the way, it was really sweet of your husband to model the hat for you!) :)

Archived