Kitty Lay and Play

theworm

I was working on a cat blanket to send to Tapenga for the shelter, when I came up with my first original design! It's so simple that it's almost embarrasing to call it a pattern, but it's my first so I'm pretty excited about it.:cheer

It's basically just a cat pad with an attached tassel toy. You can see a picture (sorry for the lousy quality) and the pattern on my blog.

I'm new to this so if the pattern is poorly written, of if I've made mistakes, I'd appreciate constructive criticism. :)

My cat has one like that... it would be a lot more fun for the both of us if I made her one myself (isn't it always! I like to play with string too). I wonder if you could do it in sisal or twine... or would the string just chew all the skin off my hands... That's a great idea.

• 2 weeks later...

I love the tassel toy touch! Your creation is such perfect timing, as I am raising three orphaned kittens. If I can find the time to make one, they'll probably fight over it, LOL! Thank you for sharing the pic and the pattern!

I got the package of these the other day and completely spaced out! THey are awesome! I love the tassel! I rubbed catnip into one and my cat was all over it! I had to put it in a new ziploc (they ate the other one) and hide it in my closet until I can bring it to the shelter. I can't wait to see them play with them!

Thank you!!

• 8 months later...

Archived