Solomon's knot shawl no. 2

DesertCrocheter

I loved the way the red solomon's knot shawl I made my mom turned out, so I made a second in silver Glitterspun for my friend L's birthday.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a383/DesertCrocheter/gifts/IM003464.jpg

close-up

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a383/DesertCrocheter/gifts/IM003465.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Thanks, all! Joan, are you making the pattern from that woman's website (I'm totally blanking on her name and website) where she made her solomon's knot 2 inches long? That's gorgeous! But my recipients would, I think anyway, prefer a smaller stitch. I tried to make mine about 1/2" to 3/4" long. Birdlady, I followed directions from my Crochet Stitch Bible to make this, and the stitch is very easy. Then I searched online and found a solomon's knot edging pattern that I added after putting a row of sc around the two shorter edges of the shawl. I think that edging added a nice touch. Patty

Thanks, all! Joan, are you making the pattern from that woman's website (I'm totally blanking on her name and website) where she made her solomon's knot 2 inches long? That's gorgeous! But my recipients would, I think anyway, prefer a smaller stitch. I tried to make mine about 1/2" to 3/4" long. Birdlady, I followed directions from my Crochet Stitch Bible to make this, and the stitch is very easy. Then I searched online and found a solomon's knot edging pattern that I added after putting a row of sc around the two shorter edges of the shawl. I think that edging added a nice touch. Patty

The pattern I'm using came from Crochet Pattern Central. I think my stitches are about 1" long... give or take. The stitch itself is easy, but I found it too easy to get confused on which direction I was going in and did a LOT of frogging in the beginning. Once the shawl got larger, it was easier to keep track of. I'm using a gorgeous rayon yarn that was hand painted (not by my hand :)). I actually also made a scarf from the same yarn and i'll try to photograph it and post it.

I really like your edging. I put fringe on the scarf and haven't yet decided what to do on the shawl.

Joan

Archived