Today's AA Pattern 8/11

jessc031778

OK...has anyone seen this yet?! I can't imagine the patience one must have in order to even THINK about working on that Barbie-sized blanket of mini-grannie's daughter like squares done in thread!!! I looked at it, thought it's bery pretty, but if I attempted it, I'd kill someone/something/myself...just cause all the pieces are SOOOOO teeny!!!:eek

Jessie

Jessie, it actually won't be that difficult, so give it a try. I have made quite a few fancy pieces and they always seem hard to someone who hasn't made one. I'm sure you would make out just fine with the doll outfit, just a question of getting used to the little pieces. YOU CAN DO IT.

Wow. I do not have the patience for that. If Barbie wants a blanket like that, she can make it herself!:lol

:lol:lol:lol If I were as fashion-conscious as Barbie, I probably wouldn't want to match my afghan. It reminds me of a woman wearing an outfit that matches her teddy bear and her car in...what movie was it, High Anxiety???

That is very cute and pretty, though. If I were a Barbie collector and crocheted stuff for my dolls, I would probably attempt it.

It's a pretty Barbie sweater and blanket, but I would be all thumbs with those teeny tiny pieces, and I'd need a magnifying glass to put it all together. I just passed on that pattern. It would make my eyes go bonkers :loco

Jessie, it actually won't be that difficult, so give it a try. I have made quite a few fancy pieces and they always seem hard to someone who hasn't made one. I'm sure you would make out just fine with the doll outfit, just a question of getting used to the little pieces. YOU CAN DO IT.

It's not that I think it would be too hard...I've tackled some pretty insanely complex patterns and pulled them off....it's that even with actively working on my patience and calming my nerves (6 yrs at home with the kids LOL!!) I still could not imagine sitting and working on such little pieces!! I think I'd probably snap about halfway through and throw it out the window :lol or something....anyone who can actually do that little blanket has many many kudos from me!!!

Jessie

:lol:lol:lol If I were as fashion-conscious as Barbie, I probably wouldn't want to match my afghan. It reminds me of a woman wearing an outfit that matches her teddy bear and her car in...what movie was it, High Anxiety???

my mom used to sew outfits for me and my older sister that matched....and sometimes one for herself too!!! we look reallly cute/silly in those pictures.

my mom used to sew outfits for me and my older sister that matched....and sometimes one for herself too!!! we look reallly cute/silly in those pictures.

You mean you and your sister had matching outfits? I think that's very cute. But I draw the line at matching my car (in this movie, the woman had on a pant-suit that had the exact same plaid pattern as her vehicle). :P

Now that is really cute. You could make the blanket or the sweater all in one color. You wouldn't have to make it like the picture. :think

Thanks for showing it to me. I went and got the pattern for later.

Hey, if I can crochet with sewing thread, I could make this. :hook

Archived