Purse made from Cassette Tape and thread...

I would have never have thought of using cassette tape for a garment or anything else. Gee....I wonder what's stored on those tapes :think:eek

Looks really nice. I wonder how cut up her hands are from the tape? Next VCR tape that goes, I may give it a try before tossing in the garbage!

wow that is so cool.

i went to a flea market today and kept looking around for unique things to crochet with but i guess i wasn't being creative enough cause there were certainly a ton of cassette tapes for sale lol.

Lee Ann

I saw that on etsy's front page and was very surprised! I had never thought of using a cassette tape either. I guess I could have used the tape from my kid's movies that had kool-aid spilled all over them too.

What a great idea! The purse looks beautiful and I would have never thought of using cassette tape to crochet with. I might have to try making one myself with some of the old cassettes we have laying around, we listen to cd's now.

Wendyb532

How cool is that?! What a great idea and what a perfect way to use up my daughter's old boy band (who shall remain nameless lol) cassettes that she no longer listens to!! :yay

Oh! I just LOVE this!!!!!! I will definately have to try it!

I have one of those cassette shelf thingies on the wall in my bedroom with about a million slots for tapes, (of which just about ALL of them are full).

In fact, I was just thinking the other day about how I haven't listened to any of them in a long long time.

I know tapes don't last forever, (well, nothing does), and I'm sure most of them aren't playable anymore, (without running the risk of them breaking and ruining your tape player).

I think using them for bags is a wonderful way to give them a second life before hey head to the garbage heap.

Thanks for the link and the great idea! :clap

Interest. I don't think I'd use it to carry fruit though, despite what the site says. Who knows what's coating the tape.

Might be great for the beach/pool or bath toys though.

My question is, what happens when you wash the finished product?!

You probably need to hand wash it. I think it'll just soften up the stiffness and sharp edges. Not sure though.

I have a lot of tapes too but not sure I'm ready to ruin them for this. :lol

Archived