Annie's Attic for August 3 -- MUST GET

PBLKNP

Go, without pause, to the Annie's Attic site for the pattern of the day. It's an ADORABLE afghan called "Garden Cat Afghan." It's just wonderful!

For anyone attempting this ghan, can I give a word of advice?

WEAVE IN YOUR ENDS AS YOU WORK!!! :hook

I made this afghan and lets just say that I'm STILL weaving in the ends! It's made up of tons and tons of tiny granny squares and if you don't weave in your ends as you work, it'll take you forever to do it afterwards!

Good luck everyone!

Thanks Donna, for the heads up on weaving in the ends. I may think twice about making this one.....if those squares are that tiny and all the ends......whoa....that would make me go bonkers :loco

I printed out mine this a.m., too. Saving it for the day when I'm ready to make my first patchwork-quilt afghan. It will be either that one or the Coats & Clark freebie pattern for a star -- may be called "Country Star." This one, however, is really special.

I got my copy in the morning. :)

I'm tempted to make it as a scrapghan/stashbuster. Of course I'll make the cat black, and I'll probably leave the border as green. However, it doesn't say I have to follow the color pattern, does it?

Oh, and I know better to weave in ends as I go.

Archived