CRAFTSHOW!~

Guess what?! My brother just called.

Mr. New agent at Keller Williams. (he's 19, so for him to be going to work is a bit new and strange to us) But he met a woman who works at Keller Williams. And she directs all of the Craft shows in the area! And there is one tomorrow that's only a few miles away! Not only that, but I get the booth for 40 instead of 80 because of it! YAHOO! I wanted to get a craft show in this winter, but Didn't think I would be able to. I"ll be alone most of the time. Danielle has to stay home to help Dad. David will be with me part of the time. So, WOW!

I've got to go get busy. Lisa's Afghan is now far enough (edging) That It will be ready before her check gets here. So I"ll drop that for today and see what happens on that baby set. Any suggestions? I've been to one craft show before. Last November. Bum deal. I asked my brother what the expected traffic was for this traffic flow. His response was Oh, not very much. Just between 2 and 3 THOUSAND!

Brothers, aren't they great?!

Amber

yea amber:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap i hope you do very well. is this your first craft fair? when i went to my first one, i was not totally set on the price as people always want a bargain, so i would negotiate with them. i remember this one fair i went to, no one was selling anything, nothing, not one thing:bang :bang :bang :bang :bang . and this lady came up to me and asked if my price was set, i asked her what she had in mind, she was buying ornaments for a childrens hospital christmas gift thingy, so i said make me an offer, she not only bought 1 of my things she bought all of them, i went home with 400.00 and she got a great bargain. half price, but i still made a profit as i charge 4 times what it costs me to make something so that leaves me room to negotiate:blush , just a thought. good luck and let us know how you do:D! vicki:)h

Amber - did you have your show? How was it? There is a big craft show down here (Frisco, TX) next weekend and i'm going to try and go (after nephew little league football playoffs Denton and see what crochet items are offered. I wish I had a bunch of stuff to put in a show - but just can't crochet fast enough. My cousin Angie went to the big show over Halloween in OKC and said that she saw alot of hats adn scarves out of eyelash and fun fur (two yarns I absolutely can't conquer) but not alot of other types of crochet/knit. Anyway - hope your show was a success - good luck to you!

Thanks for asking! We went to the craft show.

But I didn't sell much. 2 pairs of booties and a doll blanket. Not enough to cover the booth fee! Now, there were some people that wanted some custom orders. So we'll see if they email me. And some people were interested in learning how to crochet. So I might be able to teach some of the basics. So, it might work out. I ran out of cards and my brother had to run home to print more. (I had over 2 dozen at least)

Well, thye said that it was one of their newer slower shows. They have two more coming up in December. In Clarkston and Waterford. They say they are big shows. And I should think they should be! The booth fees are over 100! So, I have no idea if we'll try that or not. I'd better go do lunch now. Thanks for asking! It's nice to know that you all want to know how I'm doing. :)

Amber

hi amber, i'm sorry that you didn't do better at the craft fair. hang in there as it will get better, i don't blame you though about the other ones, 100.00 is wayyyyy to much for a booth anywhere as far as i am concerned. well take care and hope your day is going good. vicki:)h

i dont think 100 bucks is too much if you have enough to sell that ppl will buy..

i am going to one in Pinehurst the first part of December.. I paid 125 to go there but from what I understand its THE place to be for the holidays..

on that note though .. i only have to sell 2 ponchos or shawls to make that back .. so .. its not so bad.. i usually do that in one day at the market with very little traffic... so I can only imagine how its gonna go with thousnads of ppl being there

Archived