What would you make

A friend of mine emailed me last night. She's having big troubles with her eyes hemmorhages etc.:cry . Her hubby is having to drive her everywhere because she can't see out of 1 of her eyes.

Anyway she got me to thinking again because this crosses my mind from time to time. What would you make now if you knew you would lose your vision in 2 years??

First off, I hope your friend can be helped. My thoughts and prayers are with her.

Occasionally, I have thought the same thing. I would probably do as many blankets (both baby and adult) and hats/scarves/headbands for charity as well as gifts for my friends and family as I could. Or just about anything else.

LI Roe

I would make just much as I could while I could still see well, but I would also do my best to get comfortable with crocheting without my vision. I know that many people who are blind or otherwise impaired still crochet beautiful things. Tell your friend to keep her spirits up and not to give up living. :hug

I do so much crocheting now while watching TV, without looking down until I need to count, that I believe I could crochet blind... even counting stitches which I've tried..

If i knew i was going to lose my sight though, probably agree with making baby blankets for my future grandchildren :)

This is my list

baby outfits enough for all my kids future children and baby blankets for them as well :cloud9

A special blanket for my hubby :)h

A doily for my daughter along with a blanket for her and my 2 boys :)h

Charity stuff :cloud9

first tell your friend i am praying for her. and to not give up. i think the first thing i would make is something for my future grandkids. i have made so much for everyone elses babies, i would certainly want to make something for my babies.

2nd i would make something realllllllllly special so that my hubby would always have something to remember me with for my talent.

and also for my kids and the rest of the family and then i would continue to crochet for charity as i do now, but seriously i crochet in my sleep(honestly, i have woken up while crocheting and i actually continued) so probably could crochet somewhat if i were blind.(pray to god that never happens though) :hug vicki

I'm sure she will appreciate knowing she has all your thoughts and prayers. I met her online at a diabetes board , she's a real sweetheart. She's had type 1 diabetes since childhood and this is the reason for the eye problems.Thank you all so much for your warm thoughts for her:hug

Guest SamplerLady
mmouseplus.gifI would practice and practice making one thing so that I could do it after my eyesight was gone. Like granny squares, or a particular shell pattern, diagonal box stitch..... :D

My grandmother was legally blind from before I was born, but she and my mother taught me how to crochet orginally... before I got frustrated that my items didn't look like theirs and gave up. As a matter of fact, I still have the last afghan my grandmother made me. So, if I knew I would lose my sight, I would practice so I could continue crocheting after it was gone. I think I wouldn't be affected as much by the loss of my sight as I would other senses.

~Tricia

Archived