Really Cool Headdress

Harvestar

It is so pretty, I think it would be great for a wedding too! As is; in the white, for the Bride with a simple veil, and in different colors to match the gowns for the bridesmaids..........

I just found this myself and I LOVE IT!!! Will be working this up very soon....and LadyC, I love the idea for the bridal party...I'm going to send this to a pal o'mine who's getting married next year....that could be fun!!!

Jessie:hook

I forwarded the pattern to my friend who's getting married in Nov '07...she's just starting to crochet, so I offered to make her one...she's into SCA & Ren Faires & she's Pagan, so I thought she's like it....she asked me to make it for her to wear in her wedding!! And for the three gals in the bridal party!! :bheart I'm so flattered that she'd ask me to make it for her wedding...got to go shopping yesterday for the materials & I've started on my practice piece so that I can show her how it would work out....

Jessie

Ahah! I am going to keep a close eye out for these when they are finished....they are going to be just amazing looking! How exciting and what an honor to make the head dress for a bride, and I am looking forward to seeing a headband of this too! I love this pattern, but I can not honestly think of a practical way to use it right now in my life....the headband is a possibility!

• 3 weeks later...

I love the look of this flower headpiece. i tried to start it on the weekend. i'm havig a problem figuring out the leaves. i dont' know if i've missed a step, but i can't figure out why it says to slip stitch along the chain, and it leaves a few at the end unworked. also, i can't figure out the wording, for working the other side of the leaf. anyone else have some ideas? I'm not planning on wearing this any time soon though, i just want it to wear to the next lantern festival, which is next summer........dressing as a fairy most likely........

Butterfly, i don't know where you are from but the patterns seems to be written in the European English style (think I said thatright, lol) rather than the American English style (yup, us Americans have to make things difficult rather :) ). The EES to the AES is like a double is a single, and a treble is a double...etc. That may be part of the problem depending on which style of crocheting you are use to. :)

Hope this helps,hun,

Sandy

I think that this is one of the things that confused me:

ss to end chain, 3ch and ss to same end chain again.

and also:

Now, continue down the other side of leaf but this time in the nearest bottom loop which should leave a nice stem of chains raised along the centre of the leaf.

When i did this, it didn't look like there was a stem of chains, there were i guess like one side from the chain, and the other side from the ss. something like that. i probalby did it wrong. but what i saw were just lines of yarn, that were like this sort of: ======= if you get that......lol i know, i'm weird.......lol

Archived