Boys can crochet, too!

Last night my twelve-year old son wanted me to show him how to crochet (again:)) , so he can make his great-grandma a dishcloth. I am so surprised at how well he did, and he keeps sticking with it, too. I am so proud of him! Then the eight-year old wanted to crochet. (He's making "he longest chain in the world"). Then later, the two-year old got some yarn and said "Me doday". A family crochet-a-thon! (Hubby was sick, he might have joined?) I was loving it! A lot better than sitting around playing Gameboy, or watching TV!

That's so cool. My youngest son & my daughter & stepdaughter have all tried but they all gave it up right away. I imagine they'll try again when they get a little more patience.

Maybe you'll have the whole family going strong :knit

That is awesome!! What a great way to spend time together!!

I knew a lady once who every Christmas her, her husband and children would draw names. Whatever name they received they had to make that person a gift. I always thought that was such a great idea....a way to inspire...a way to bring out a child's creativity.

Who knows...he could be crocheting his very own gameboy case, lol

Donna

:lol That's funny, I'll have to tell him that he can crochet a gameboy case! Who knows, they might all be posting here some day.:)) I try to get them involved in arts/ crafts instead of watching tv. Like latch hook rugs, or painting. I might have to go buy some more yarn now. (OH NO!):cloud9

Tina

Guest NCAugeriFan

That's great! A wonderful creative outlet! One day while I was "googling" I found a man who designs and crochets....can't remember the name. And I've seen in magazines and newspaper articles where girls and boys taking classes in crochet.

~cadie :sun

That is WONDERFUL! Maybe one day he will one of the worlds greatest designers. We can all say we heard about him here first!:clap

yep my son too wants to see how long a chain he can crochet with a 3.5 oz skein:) The boys in the school where I am teaching are pestering me to teach them crochet! I won't be continuing there the next academic year so they have all requested me to make them a keepsake for them!!! Any ideas for biys? I thought of hacky sacks ...

Hugs

Vims:sheepjump

yep my son too wants to see how long a chain he can crochet with a 3.5 oz skein:) The boys in the school where I am teaching are pestering me to teach them crochet! I won't be continuing there the next academic year so they have all requested me to make them a keepsake for them!!! Any ideas for biys? I thought of hacky sacks ...

Hugs

Vims::angel

That is so cool, Vims! How many boys are there? That's a lot of hacky sacks! I've made our boys: hats, scarfs, balls, crocheted toys (bears, etc.), slippers. Maybe you can teach them to crochet one day, and they can make their own keepsake! Good luck!:)

Tina

that's really great! I hope one of these days I'll get to teach my cousin who is showing interest in the craft. how I wish my sister would like to learn the craft too, but it's not just her type.

:heart ,

Fe

Hi. I think it is wonderful that your 12 year old wants to make something for his great-grandma and that the other boys want to try too. There is nothing like receiving a handmade gift from the heart. Tell him great job and keep up the good work.

To NCAugeriFan, I think the guy you may be referring to is Ken Jones, he does design his own and does beautiful work. He is also a volunteer teacher at senior citizens centers and also is a CYCA Certified crochet teacher.

LI Roe

Neither of my sons wanted to learn, they sure enjoy teasing me about my obsession, however.

I think its great your boy is exicet about learning the craft!

Archived