How cool is this???!!!

Ladycrochat

mmm that is an interesting idea. I am sure if I tried that I would end up with a tangled mess a bit like a fur ball.

I really like that idea! I'm a pencil grip so I don't like a lot of bulk on my hook but a thin soft pad would really be nice. The process seems easy to do. Thanks for the tip!

felted crochet hooks and felted felting needles are great. I made some sculpy handles for felting needles and felted them. They are so much more comfortable to use.

Deb

The handles are so easy to make - you won't make a mess. I promise. If you don't have roving, you can easily use yarn. Either glue the yarn to the hook to begin or, if you don't want it to be permanent, particularly the first time you try it, wrap a rubber band around the hook handle first to prevent the yarn from slipping off the end. Wrap the yarn tightly until the handle is the desired diameter. To finish off the end, a darning or weaving needle is handy. Slip it under a half dozen wraps, thread the end of the yarn through it and pull the yarn end under the wraps and clip.

I am happy to offer help if you are trying to felt the handles. Just remember that instructions on our site are there for the individual user, not the manufacturer. Thanks!

Linda

I am happy to offer help if you are trying to felt the handles. Just remember that instructions on our site are there for the individual user, not the manufacturer. Thanks!

Linda

Linda,

I had never looked at your site until you posted here. The idea of felting a crochet hook handle is something that I came up with on my own while crocheting with friends, I wrapped yarn around the handle and needle felted it into place.

Since I do not make them the same way, I feel that this idea is my own. I took down the post with the offer to make them for sale as a curtesy.

I will continue to make and sell felt covered needle felting needles.

I looked at your site and saw a tutorial for using unspun roving to make a felted bag. You do not mention any source article or inspired by information.

Spin Off magazine had an article in 2000 about how to do this.

By not acknowleging this are you saying it is your own idea? That if I make and sell felted bags made in this manner that I am infringing on your intelectual property?

Deb

Archived