Sister's Birthday Scarf and More

artemis

You may remember that I made the white Fat Bottom Bag with red and blue trim for my sister's birthday next Saturday.

I also made her a scarf out of Caron Fabulous in "Mother Earth" color. It is a railroad ribbon yarn. I used the Rebecca Pattern from Cool Crochet.

AnnsScarfFoldedforCV6-25-06002.jpgAnnsScarfKnottedforCV6-25-06003.jpg

Someone had posted pictures of a gift wrapped with a flower pin, so I decided to do that, too. The flower is made of DMC Cotton Perle size 3 using a pattern from Crochet Chronicles.

I also made a card...but I'm not much of a "scrapper". I used an old photo of my sister from when she was about 12 or 14. She's now 59!

AnnsPackagesforCV6-25-06007.jpg

Gosh, it was hard to mail it all off to her...like sending your children off to school the first day. Will they be liked? Sigh.

Happy Birthday, sister!

She'll love them... I'm sure of it.

Great job! on the scarf.. the wrapping, the card.. WOW!

:hook

Artemis, your gifts look so pretty and so thoughtfully prepared. The scarf is a great accessory in those colors which will go well with just about anything. Your sister will get lots of compliments on it. I've done that crocheted flower ribbon too and everyone always gets a kick out of it. And your card is a nice personal touch. If you enjoy photo editing, next time you can attach a photo of your sister's face to a cartoon-type body. I've done some really funny ones depicting family members doing their favorite activities.

Is that your pretty self modeling that scarf? Now I know who to look for at the CGOA Convention!:hug

Now I know who to look for at the CGOA Convention!:hug

Yes! I did that just for you!

The scarf will look much better on my sister who has dark hair.

My parents and my sister had dark eyes,dark hair, and were right handed.I was left handed, blonde, and blue eyed. My mother said I was "mixed up in the baby room." I believed her for years! I even searched the house once when they were out, looking for my adoption papers! Now I look at myself in the mirror and see my mother's jowls and my father's nose and know I was born to them!

Archived