Michaels and crochet books

I notice all the time when I go to Michaels that they have alot of knitting books but few crochet I'm not talking about leaflets but books. It irritates me since I only shop at walmart and michaels for my crochet stuff. So I sent them an email I suggest if you shop there you email them too if you see the same at your local store.Maybe they'll listen:shrug

I've also noticed in the AC Moore by me, they have tons of knitting books and magazines but very few crochet books or magazines. Leaflets are another story, they do have a bunch of them in crochet. Same with Michaels, more knitting than crochet books. But maybe they are selling out very quickly?? Trying to rationalize.

LI Roe

Mine is probably half and half. But NO crocheting magazines at all, just a ton of knitting ones. I save the 40% off coupons for the books, it's usually a pretty good deal if I'm lucky enough to get my hands on a coupon.

the michaels store here has a lot of croceht books, have bought many of them. i guess you should talk with the managers and ask them to stock more of the crochet books. thats how mine got so many:yes :yes vicki

The closest Michaels to me is 48 miles away. :irked However, when I went to that one, they favored knitting books over crochet books. We do have a craft store in the general area, and they know they are the only one so Red Heart is $2.69 for the solid colors and more for the multi colored skeins. :ohdear So needless to say, I go to Wal Mart.

I save the 40% off coupons for the books, it's usually a pretty good deal if I'm lucky enough to get my hands on a coupon

Julie I do the same thing! Our Michaels always has more knitting books and the crochet books they do have are all beat up beyond belief from everybody rough handling them :( but, I just discovered another one that is only five minutes further away that opened last fall, and when I went there I almost fell over, they had TONS of books I'd never seen (they'd just restocked, so they told me) and all in perfect condition. Needless to say, that was an expensive trip coupon or no LOL.

I agree though that there are way more knitting books...hopefully that will balance out over time!

hugs

Ro

Obviously some stores get it and some don't didn't someone post that it's it's 3 to 1 crocheters vs knitters.You know at the front of the store they have all the nice books by the check out there's like 2 crochet books and 10 knitting books and then the magazine rack has about 4 or 5 knitting mags and 0 crochet ones, they don't even have the ones I know are out right now:irked

I usually go to Walmart since they have more variety of yarn lately but every now and then I need to go to michaels and it I always get a little peeved.

Yes, I read somewhere that crocheters outnumber knitters 3 to 1. And my Michael's has lots of crochet books and leaflets, but they're all afghans and doilies. You can't find books like Hip to Crochet or Simple Crochet at my Michael's. I usually have to go to Borders or Barnes & Noble for that, and that's where I run into the tons of knitting books, few crochet books. It's frustrating.

~Tricia

Well unfortanently there are no book stores in my general area?? I guess people around here don't read. We have 3 stinkin walmarts, every fast food you can imagine but not a bookstore :irked

Archived