Where do I buy hooks online - that will ship internationally?

Cuddlefish

I just looked at Joann's, and while they could certainly make me lust for their hooks, they don't ship internationally. :(

I wanna buy some of those hooks!

I'd be really happy if you'd share your advice or previous experiences with good places to purchase hooks online.

Thank you. :hug

At Amazon.com it says that it can't ship to my address. I guess that's another way of saying they don't want to send that overseas either...

But I don't have Paypal, and I hear it's not too reliable for international transfers. I wouldn't know how to get the money to you. It's really nice of you to offer, though. :hug

Have you tried Amazon.co.uk? or Ebay?

I don't know geography very well, but I have to send GC's to co.uk address for my brother and SIL for amazon.

Thank you so much guys. :hug

At first I looked at Lone Star Yarns, but that required Paypal, which I don't have.

Then I tried Maggiescrochet, and it said my order was successfully processed. Now I'll be freaking the mailman out on a daily basis by staring out at him through the mail slot in the door every time he comes up the path. :lol

I can't wait! :jumpyay :jumpyay

thanks sooooo much for all the info guys:hug , I am in the same boat as Cuddlefish, and it is great to know that I can still get some special things not available overseas!:hook

At first I looked at Lone Star Yarns, but that required Paypal, which I don't have.

I reviewed their terms for International orders. PayPal is not required, but a major credit card is. I've always paid by credit card and haven't had to use PayPal. :think Maybe I am missing something?

~ Lori

What about www.jkneedles.com ? I don't know if they ship overseas, but they have so many hooks and needles to choose from. You can check with them.

I have had very good luck with this company.

Linda:cheer

Purple Kitty Yarns sends internationally. The price isn't too bad either (I recently ordered 3 hooks and even with shipping it only came to £7). And on top of that, she's got all the American yarns on there, so if there were something yarn-age that you were curious about, you could always get yourself some to try. :hook

Edited to add: waiting time wasn't too bad either. Their standard confirmation letter says that it can take up to 2 weeks to get your order, but mine got here exactly a week later. It probably would have been quicker, but it was right before a major American holiday.

I reviewed their terms for International orders. PayPal is not required, but a major credit card is. I've always paid by credit card and haven't had to use PayPal. :think Maybe I am missing something?

~ Lori

I could only find mention of Paypal, maybe I missed something. I'm not sure I have a major credit card though, unless Visa counts. :)

On Amazon.uk they only have four kinds of hooks, and they weren't nearly as interesting. ;)

Cuddlefish, you saw crochet hooks on Amazon UK? Where? When I search for crochet hooks, all I get is books about hooks :lol

I'm glad you found a place to get the hooks you wanted. There is a pattern I'd really like at Maggie's but I haven't ordered anything from there because I think their international shipping is outrageously expensive -- $5.90 for one leaflet or 1 crochet hook that can easily go in an airmail puffy for less than $2.

Thanks, guys, for the links to jklneedles and Purple Kitty; they were both interesting, though neither has my favourite Susan Bates Silvalumes. Luckily I already have 3 sets :-) The first I bought from Craftsetc and the other two were a great deal on Ebay. *Why* they don't sell anything but grey aluminium or plastic here is one of the great crochet mysteries.

Smiles,

• 2 weeks later...

Wow:eek that is great. They really look pretty. Your really got them fast.

The few times I ordered from Maggie, I found her to be very efficent and speedy with my order.

Happy Crocheting with your new hooks.:hook

Beautiful! No wonder you were dogging the post man until those arrived! They are so colorful....I hope you have many years of enjoyment useing them......

• 1 year later...

You don't have to limit yourself to companies that ship internationally. Set yourself up with a parcel forwarding service like Bongo International http://www.BongoUS.com. They will set you up with a US address so that you can buy domestically from anyone. They will also let you consolidate multiple purchases into one. You save money on the shipping as their prices are really low and you can buy products from many vendors and have them shipped together in one box. Been using them for 4 months now and love it!

You don't have to limit yourself to companies that ship internationally. Set yourself up with a parcel forwarding service like Bongo International http://www.BongoUS.com. They will set you up with a US address so that you can buy domestically from anyone. They will also let you consolidate multiple purchases into one. You save money on the shipping as their prices are really low and you can buy products from many vendors and have them shipped together in one box. Been using them for 4 months now and love it!

I see the hooks you bought are Susan Bates. You are going to love them! They have a deeper throat and hold the yarn better. Once you try them, you never want to go back to other brands. And aren't the new larger hooks gorgeous? I just got a set a couple weeks ago.

Archived