My new purse

AngiR

I finished a new purse a few days ago, then took it out for a test drive. I actually like it.

Anyway, it's made from Noro Kureyon (100% wool) and I didn't felt it. The stitch pattern has kind of a pebbly look to it. I think it's pretty neat. Also, the lining will help keep it from stretching.

The flap buttons shut in the corners, and the strap also buttons on. The strap is only long enough to come just below the shoulder, on me (short!) almost to the waist.

The best part: it took longer to sew the lining than to crochet the purse. :clap

Purse2_side.jpgPurse2_liner.jpg

So, whatta ya think??

Great work :) How much of the Noro did it take you?

I think it took four (?) balls of Noro, and I had a bit left, but not much.

I also tend to crochet extremely tight. It ended up being 12 inches wide and 9 inches deep.

I'm glad y'all like it. It was actually relatively easy to do. The buttons were fun to figure out.

I have found I like making purses. I think I'm gong to try a few more styles.

And thanks. :hug

It's called a ripple stitch from the Crochet Stitch Bible (pg. 83). It turned into more of a relief stitch which it isn't supposed to be. :think

I guess I just crochet a bit tight?

that is so cute. What pattern did you use and stitch?

Sorry. I told you the stitch but not the pattern. It's my own pattern. I made it up as I went along. It ended up being very simple. two rectangles, one slightly larger than the other to allow for the flap. Then I crocheted the seams together.

Nothing fancy. Very simple.

Archived