Two Toys I Made for Toy Swap-triceratop and snake

KnicKnac

Now that my swap partner has gotten her toys for her little boy, I can post my first ever attempt at toy making!

This is a baby triceratops - I got the pattern here:

triceratops.jpg

This is a snake, I got the pattern here:

snake.jpg

I learned alot making these toys. I learned that you really have to crochet TIGHT so that the stuffing doesn't show thru. I learned that you need to buy stitch markers cause most of this stuff is done in the round.

I also learned the Crochetville is a great place to be!!!

Thanks for looking!

Great Job, KnicKnac! I have made that snake before, and all the stuffing is sticking out everywhere. One thing I learned from crocheting amigurumi is that when crocheting tight, less stuffing there is to come out... :P

Nice Job on your first toys! :clap

Tina

I am intrigued by all that amigurumi stuff. I have to look into it more.

Crochet Me! has a TON of amigurumi stuff (not just patterns, but lots of info and links [if I remember correctly] as well) in their spring issue, which when I last checked (yesterday), was still up. I'm seriously thinking about doing some myself, but I've got a to-do list a mile long, so heaven knows when I'll actually get AROUND to it! :lol

The triceratops and snake DO look great, though! :tup

How adorable! That snake is TOO COOL!

My crochet attention has turned to making "stuffies" since the pig, mouse, and cow patterns have been posted (look in original patterns if you havent!) LOL I'm going to have to try a dino for my friend's son.

Job well done, KnicKnac!

Cris~

Cris~

Thank you Cris, shaelynnsmom, minwifeof4boys and nucki!!! Very sweet of you all to look and especially to comment!!! I had major fun doing them. I sure hope the little one I made it for is having fun with them!!!

I learned alot making these toys. I learned that you really have to crochet TIGHT so that the stuffing doesn't show thru. I learned that you need to buy stitch markers cause most of this stuff is done in the round.

I also learned the Crochetville is a great place to be!!!

Thanks for looking!

Hey, here is a trick I learned when I started stuffing some toys. Try getting a cheap pair of stockings or panty hose, in a dark color. Then put some stuffing in them and stuff them inside the area you are stuffing. It will not only hold the stuffing in, but it will also make the stuffing not look so white, so it is harder to see.

Beautiful job. I really like the elepahnt. The size of the snake is almost the size of the one I saw in my yard today.:eek

It was a black snake, meaning not poisonous.:hook

KnicKnac~You know I love them.:blush He loves carrying the snake everywhere (library, school, stores, etc.). They saved a baby triceratops on "Wonder Pets" today which is his favorite show so, he loved having the dino to go with it. Thanks again!:hug

Thanks Tabitha! So sweet of you to check in!

Thanks for the advice Tampa Doll - I will keep that in mind next time!!! BTW - I know it looks like an elephant, but it's really a baby triceratops!

Archived