I am smiling

Hummywinger

Not sure where to put this but.... I got my order for the SNB book and The Big Book of Crochet today.... Yes!!!! And won't have known about the SNB book if it wasn't for you all talking about it so much.... I got them through Overstock.com took a little over a week..good deal. And you know how we get when we want a new book it is like yesterday I wanted it lol.. Anyway I am very pleased with both books. The Big Book of Crochet has over 120 projects in it and well worth the purchase.

Just wanted to share my happy news lol...

:cheer :cheer

:cheer Oh im so Happy for you, I want that book to, maybe one day. Im sure you will enjoy it. Share with us when you get something some. Nothing like getting a new book to curl up with and browse for that newest project.:hug

good deal on the books. i got all thrilled yesterday just because i found 2 leisurre arts little books (ripples for baby and granny;s delight afghans) in the clearance aisle at walmart for 1.50 each.:clap

i've really been wanting the crocheting for dummies book since i've still got a LOT to learn and i get tired of looking things up on the internet everytime i get stuck. i've got my 40% coupon for michaels and i'm fighting temptation.:yes:no:yes:no

I have the Big Book of Crochet, Darlene, and I really like it. It has a huge selection of gift ideas as well as some great classy looking afghans. I'm still debating about the SNB...

I love the SnB book. I am making my sister the knot ugly shrug, and it is really going to be nice, I think. I don't have the big book of crochet, but I'll have to look into it. I thought I'd give you a tip on another good crochet book. it is called Sweaterbabe's Fabulous and Flirty Crochet.

It has really modern, up to date patterns. Scarves, a pair of reallly really cute slippers, tank tops, cardigans, etc. I really like it and can't wait to make something out of it.

I got mine last week, and it was so exciting!

Nicole

I love the SnB book. I am making my sister the knot ugly shrug' date=' and it is really going to be nice, I think. I don't have the big book of crochet, but I'll have to look into it. I thought I'd give you a tip on another good crochet book. it is called Sweaterbabe's Fabulous and Flirty Crochet.

It has really modern, up to date patterns. Scarves, a pair of reallly really cute slippers, tank tops, cardigans, etc. I really like it and can't wait to make something out of it.

I got mine last week, and it was so exciting!

Nicole[/quote']

Thanks! I've heard of the book, but couldn't place the abreviation! :)

Dazy the SNB book has all you need to know about crocheting in the front of the book and some patterned stitches also.. So it is also a great book just to look up how to do a stitch if you forget. It is a great book no matter what level of crocheter you are.. I have been crocheting for over 30 years here and know many of the stitches but there is always something new to learn.

:hook:yarn:hook

Roli

Yes I noticed that with the Big Book of Crochet over 120 projects in it.. It is now one of my favorite crochet books to find a patten in since it has so many different types of projects..And ot many I don't like or would use. And that crochet caddy is going to be one of the first ones I do.. I also have the book Crocheting for Caring & Sharing by House of White Briches...and it is also one of those books with lots of great patterns in it. It is always great to find a book that has so many usable patterns in them.

:manyheart

:hug

lol Worm

It is a great crochet all in one book, tells you everything about crocheting and then some and has some great up to date patterns in it.

SNB Stitch n Bitch .. the Happy Hooker.. Don't like the name of the book that much the SNB part but it is a wonderful referance book anyone who crochets can use no matter what level of crocheting they do..in over 30 years here I have done a lot of different projects and a lot of hard pattern stitches... That is how you learn to try something new.

Nicole

I like tha shrug pattern also.. Am going to whip them up for my dds. They both work in large offices and it would be perfect for wearing over thin straped dresses for the sping and summer. A lot of old fashions from the 60' 70's with a new twist. But then that is what it is all about in fashion etc.

Stacy

A good crochet book it a good investment ... But if at all possible to be to look thru one first to see what % of the patterns you will actually use.. And sometimes the book clubs are not always the best.. I have found that some have patterns that are nice but use yarn one can't get locally or ? what type of yarn it is...Also sometimes they are just not what they claim to be.. If there is a book you think you might want just ask around here and see what the other ladies think... Now The Big Book of Crochet is a great investment .. You can check out http://www.maggiescrochet.com/pages/Leaflets/Leisure_Arts/LA_3850_big_book_crochet_main.htm

(This is one of the books I just purchased and I am 100% pleased with the book.)

This site shows some of the patterns that are in the books... I have ordered from there before but found them a little slow getting their orders out... But they seem dependable.

:manyheart:hook

Oh, I've been eyeing the Big Book of Crochet... I think I'll go for it now!

Isn't it GREAT when you get new books! I LOVE it... new books, new yarn, new hooks! Woo-hoo.... start more projects!

Well Kllilee

I started one of the short sleeve shrug like tops and today I crocheted the necklace and bracelet.. That was fun and different. Lots of good patterns and full of great information for crocheters of all levels.

Crochet Queen

Yes for sure the Big Book of Crochet is wonderful for finding a quick project I really like the book.. As I said earlier in a posting I have the Crochet for Caring and Sharing that is also a wonderful book full of great useable projects to crochet.

Archived