Pass Christian Children

Ro

One down, one to go. Well at least that's what I've committed to - who knows where I will end up. My older DD always wants one of everything I make. She's 4, so I hope that is a good sign for the kids in Miss. My younger DD just wants a ball of yarn to unwind, LOL.

Lauren

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Ro... I decided since the last blanket went so quickly.... I'll do another and shoot to mail out Wed... How is that~smile~

Lea

Lea that would be wonderful, thank you!!! Will add it to the list...

Janet, got your PM, your blankie is fine! I'm not gonna get out the measuring tape for an inch or two either way LOL I'm not picky, I just want as many lovies for the kids as we can make! Thank you for your love and care for the kids.

up to 31 blankets everybody! Wooo hooo!!! Off to update the website :c9

xoxo

Ro

I just remembered that there are a bunch of baby blankets in a box at work, which were donated for Warm Up America, that I haven't found a home for, yet. I'll have to crack into the box and see what's in there. :)

I'm about halfway done with the one I pledged, and I hope to make a couple more, too. :)

Okay, here I go. :blush My name is Liz and I want to help. What do you want a boy or girl's lovie? I see that you are looking for 34" x 36". Is that right?

I have been looking for something to do in my own community but this one caught my eye... :hook Have hook, willing to work. :yarn

:yes

My two "Lovies" are done :cheer .....all I need to do is wash them and get them ready to go. I'm planning my third....with a different yarn because I'm getting tired of this one for now :eek -> :out.

Daisy.

Cool, Daisy you're going to make a third? That's awesome!!! I'm about 1/4 of the way through my second one...my hands have been so bad the past two days can't get much done but I'm working on it and I shall prevail!!!

Hi Liz *waving* Nice to meet you, thank you so much for helping! I think we could use another boy's blanket, you have the size exactly right. Thank you so much!!! I'll put you on the list :)

Again I apologize I haven't gotten the mailing address linked to the website yet, tomorrow, I promise! Today was a rough day.

With Daisy's third blankie and Liz' addition, we're at ...34 blankets pledged so far! thank you again so much everybody, the kids are sure going to love them! :manyheart

hugs

Ro

Hi everybody!

Well I've been comparing my list to the list of blanket pledges, and it works out this way:

there are 46 names that were given to me as the list of kids at the center. Of course there could be a few more or a few less by the time the blankies get there and that's why I shot for 50 total overall. Right now we have 35 Blankies pledged, we're almost there!!!

Since there are about 10 names on the list that I cannot determine the gender of the child, and a couple I guessed at LOL I am thinking from here on out, anyone who joins up, could you please make a color/colors that could go for either gender? The brighter the better...just something that could work for either and that way we will be sure to have enough for everybody?

Thanks so much! I know that the kids will be grateful for the lovie no matter what color they are!!! hugs Ro you guys ROCK!!!:manyheart

PS hope this makes sense...me so little sleep last night get, falling asleep I am. talking like yoda, also. nighty night LOL

My hubby and I went to Michael's last night and I let him pick out the colors for a boy's lovie. So it's light steel blue and a deeper blue, not navy, but maybe a dark steel blue. It looks pretty together. It's in progress. I can make another after if you still need more.:hook

Liz :pink

That's wonderful Liz! Please tell your hubby I said thank you for his kind assistance in yarn selection! I know my hubby always gets those questions too and likes to help :)

I finally got the address to send to up on the website! I want to assure folks that it's okay to mail at any time, I will box them up and then send them when they're all here. Please do try to mail them on or by June 1 as I am really hoping to get them down to the Gulf by the second week in June if at all possible...I will definitely send all that I have here then and if a few straggle in after, I will send them soon as I get them.

Info for mailing here!

Thanks again you all, I cannot tell you how excited my daughter and I are about this! These kids have so little...and I'd bet nothing handmade like this...they will just adore them.:manyheart

You all rule my world!!!:c9

Ro

Ro, I've got the boy lovie done (it was a very productive weekend! :yay) and I'm about half done with the girl lovie. Soon as I get some unscented detergent I'll have them in the mail. This has been so much fun!

TTFN,

Starla

I have my lovie finished and washed I just need to add a piece of ribbon and it will be ready to go. I also want to take some pictures of it. I am going to try and get a generic one done for you also.

My Bigger boy lovie is almost done, I am on a mission.. should have it done tonight. Do you need more????? I could squeeze one more in before I have to move on to a baby gift for my daughter's friend. (She'll shoot me if I don't get it done, me and my big mouth asked if she wanted a baby blankie for her friend, duh)LOL :lol Oh well it keeps me out of trouble.

:hook

Liz :pink

:cowgirl

Finished the one I pledged... working on a second one. Trying to make it as "universal" as I can... big granny square in Chunky USA. I do have some pink in the pile, but am going to try to avoid it if I can.

Woo hoo! Thanks so much everybody, I was at the post office and told my buddy Tim to be on the look out for lots of boxes...told him what was in them and I know he'll take good care of them for us!

We're up to 37 blankies with Sue's universal granny square! :) Liz don't kill yourself if you have a baby gift to make, been there, understand the time crunch!

Even if I need to make the rest of the blankies myself...you guys have done SO much...made a dream come true for my little girl and given so much love and time to the kids at the Center...I know that they will be so grateful for them. They've been so traumatized...seeing and feeling the love in those blankets will be such a blessing for them.

I cannot thank you all enough!!! :manyheart

Sorry I haven't posted much or blankie updates in the past couple days I had a wicked migraine yesterday, one of those where you feel like you're stuck on the Mad Teacups in Disneyland...everything too bright and loud...the whole nine yards. I was holding onto the side of the bed and still spinning!!! Even today all day I had to wear my sunglasses cause it was so bright, even indoors! So needless to say my blanket got stalled. But I am picking it up again tonight and will have updates for you!

I can't decide what I want to do for the next one but I know it'll be different from this one, dopey me picked a pattern using sc's *smacking forehead* what was I thinking? It's taking f o r e v e r LOL

big hugs!

Ro

I went through a pile of Warm Up America blankets I had at work, and found five smaller blankets that would be suitable, if you would like me to include them. One woman brought in a BUNCH of baby blankets when we did a Warm Up America event, so I held onto them. :)

Admittedly, most are a little girly, and I know you are looking for universal or boy-friendly blankets at this point... I hope this is not a problem. One of the five would be great for a baby boy -- it has a sailboat on it. I don't know how people crochet pictures like that... it would drive me crazy! LOL!

The other four are, as I said, pretty feminine. I can take a picture, if you'd like. :)

Hi Sue! If you're sure it won't be a problem to send them to us instead of to Warm Up America...I mean I don't wanna be trying to scam anyone else's blankies from you! LOL They would be wonderful, let me know if you're going to send them and I will add them to the total!

Trish is making a second blankie too so we're at 38 now even without the extra five (which are more than welcome if you're sure it's okay to send them Sue!) I'm so thrilled. I figure that if we go over 50, that surely some of the kids will have siblings who may not be at the daycare center who would love a blankie, or they may get new kids, you know?

I'm just so tickled, you all. My daughter can't believe this is happening, I know once they arrive and we pack them up she'll have lots of happy tears like I do now.

You all are just awesome. Thank you, thank you again!

xoxo

Ro

p.s. Put up a picture of Trish's pretty first lovie on the Lovies page! Check out the gorgeous shades of blue! www.onesmallthing.org/pclovies.html

LOL they got donated in October, and they don't match WUA's guidelines, so I'd rather they go to a more appropriate venue! :D I will send them, so you can add them to the count. :D

Archived