Pass Christian Children

Ro

thanks, Sue, that's wonderful! Could I be a total pain...and please presume upon you to run them thru the wash before you send them? I want these babies to be ready to hand out soon as the kids get em! I would wash them all myself but I'll tell you, folks, I'm beat! I just got my MRI results today, and they are conclusive. Arthritis in my spine, degenerative disk disease with rupture and bulging (gulp) at L1, S1 and S2. No wonder I hurt!

Between that and the re-diagnosis of the original misdiagnosis; (ie, i do NOT have MS, those of you who knew me when I posted here before, turns out I had a stroke in 2000, they pulled records and did history again, etc...and I have neuropathy, as well as this back stuff and all) I'm not whining, I'm just telling ya'll why I haven't been as ever-present in this thread as I usually am with charity stuff I'm working on...but my kid is with her dad three days and I plan to rest up and crochet a LOT and hopefully will be more peppy by Monday!

I am scrapping the second blankie I started :/ It was a bad idea to start one with sc's primarily, it's soooooooo sloooooow and what's worse, the edges are way wonky! So instead of stitching good yarn after bad LOL I'm gonna scrap it and start over. So blankie number 2 is coming from me, but it's gonna be way different than the one that is really the blankie to nowhere!

Thanks again everyone for all your help...can't wait to post more pictures!

Sue, how do you think I should post the thank you for those five blankets on the list???

Count is up to 43 now!!!

xoxo

Ro

p.s. I noticed you're from Rochester, my husband used to go to Star Trek card tourneys' there whe he was in college at Syracuse! LOL :)

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thanks, Sue, that's wonderful! Could I be a total pain...and please presume upon you to run them thru the wash before you send them?

I am scrapping the second blankie I started :/

Sue, how do you think I should post the thank you for those five blankets on the list???

p.s. I noticed you're from Rochester, my husband used to go to Star Trek card tourneys' there whe he was in college at Syracuse! LOL :)

1. Yep, was already planning on it when the ones I am making are done... I have to hoard quarters to do laundry, so I need enough of them to make a load, anyway! No worries! :D

2. I'm going to have to dump the first one I made and give it to the animal shelter, because I realized after I was done that one of the yarns I used was 100% wool -- it was from an eBay auction I won that was advertised as all acrylic, so I was surprised to discover that! Ugh. Oh well, a doggie at Lollypop Farm will adore it.. maybe even love it more if it smells like sheep. Maybe I can request it go to a Border Collie. LOL!

Luckily I finished #2 last night... so still meeting my original pledge! HA! I'm buying some yarn for two more today... got an idear. ;) Both larger ones for boys.

3. Hmm... I don't recall the name of the lady that donated them... "A Generous -- and Prolific -- Donor from Rochester, NY?" LOL!

4. Heh... Syracuse is about an hour and a half from here... my brother went to college there, too. Funny, my husband is a Decipher Ambassador... he RUNS some of those Trek Card tourneys locally... such a small world. I don't recall if he ever went to Syracuse (he did used to go to Buffalo sometimes), but I know some Syracuse guys used to come to Rochester now and again to play... if your husband ever did... I wonder if they actually met once! How weird would THAT be?!

Ro, This is where I stand at the moment: I am almost done with my third Lovie.....only have one more round of color to put on, and I should be finished with it...this weekend. I saw a deal at Jo-Ann's and Meijer's and picked up 7 fleece lovies.....They are so perfect for this project, so I couldn't resist buying them. That makes a total of 10 Lovies for your project. To that.... I am also adding some doodle paper, the big fat crayons for small children, coloring books, a couple of puzzles for 3-7 year olds, and some little nu-nus or tiny Lovies. I hope this will help to cheer you up with the medical ordeal that you've been going through. I am wanting to see you reach your 50 blankie quota! :cheer

Lots of hugs :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug

Daisy

Wooo hooooo! It does cheer me up so much to imagine getting to see all the wonderful lovingly stitched blankies that are coming my way soon...if I can get a hold of Rebecca again at the center (she has been so swamped, she has to send me the new mailing address) I will be able to get blankies packed up and shipped really quickly!

Daisy, you are so generous..I will take snapshots of all your wonderful goodies and show them to folks on the website soon as I have em...I'm really speechless everyone...with Daisy's fleecies going into the count we're at 45 blankies...and I have a couple 'possibles' I haven't counted yet...so I'd say that we've pretty much made it to our goal of 50!!! Cause I planned on making five and I've only counted three and I know a couple folks are thinking of adding one more...so we've done it!!!

I cannot thank all of you enough for helping make my daughter's dream come true. When she gets home from her dads she's going to be so happy. I promise I'll take good pictures of packing up the precious cargo and share them with you all on the website!!!

big huge greatful hugs!!!:manyheart

xoxo

Ro

p.s. Daisy, saw the round ripple on your blog, it's gorgeous! Can I post that pic on the website please???

Ro, that round ripple picture on my blog is only the beginning of the blankie....it wasn't done.....in fact, that's the one that I am trying to finish up for you now. I am going to take another picture when it is finished and post that one on my blog......However, if you wish, of course (YES) you can take my pic and post it where ever you wish.....and the finished one too. I'll let you know when it's done.:hug

Daisy

Well, I finally finished my third "Lovie"!:cheer I am going to launder everything tonight and tomorrow and have them ready to go by Monday.

I posted pictures on my blog of everything that I am sending to Ro....if anyone wants to take a peek. Happy Hooking! :hook I am going to try and squeeze out a fourth "Lovie".....if I can, but just don't know if I can meet the deadline.

Daisy.

Boy have I missed you guys (ladies! LOL) What a weekend! started with waking up to find the cat had somehow injured his face (he's indoor only!) so we had to make a run to the ER Vet. Fortunately it's just an abraision but they had to shave half his face :( He's got amoxycillin pills too (fun fun fun) and was all stressed out and I'm such a softie I was bawling the whole time we were there, the vet kept telling me he was gonna be fine! But I can't help it, he's my baby! His beautiful, beautiful face! Worst part is I have no idea how he managed to do it!

Just got home and settled back in and then the dryer started making a noise, hubby was adventurous and we took the front off and found, literally, a screw loose! (don't say it! I know, it fell out of my head LOL) got that back up and running...and then today was just too much stuff to do around the house I was overtired I fell three times, bruised up my wrist and other stuff...man! So I haven't been able to get my blankie going for real but I am on it TOMORROW!

Thanks so much Denny for the second lovie!! :manyheart We're at 46 now!!!

Don't worry about jamming any more into your schedule Daisy, we'll make it even if I add the last four to my own count! i cannot wait to see these when they arrive and start photographing them (will check out your pics on your blog tomorrow Daisy, falling asleep now!)

Sue!!! this is unreal..you said:

Funny, my husband is a Decipher Ambassador... he RUNS some of those Trek Card tourneys locally... such a small world. I don't recall if he ever went to Syracuse (he did used to go to Buffalo sometimes), but I know some Syracuse guys used to come to Rochester now and again to play... if your husband ever did... I wonder if they actually met once! How weird would THAT be?!

Hubby was like a registered GAB trader of those cards, still has a huge collection though we haven't kept up in the last couple expansions...he would've been playing in Rochester in 1997/98 I bet that he DID meet your hubby if he was a Decipher ambassador then!!! Talk about a small world! When it comes to Trek, it gets even smaller! You can tell your hubby too that my nickname here , Ro, is after RO from TNG! It's been my nickname almost a decade after my friends declared that I was "More Ro than Ro. " ROFL!!!

Sorry for the detour off topic for those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about LOL I promise pics of my blankie in progress soon. Part of what is slowing me down is that I am using a pound of love; got halfway through and suddenly, all these thin spots and knots :( I have to reball the entire rest of the skein to see if I can even use it! If I can't then I have to start over. This is why I love using Cotton Tots and why I think I'm done with pounds of love after this!!!

big hugs to all you wonderful blankie making ladies..you have definitely earned a 'blankie break!" i'll probably take one too after I finish up my lovies but I do have a baby gift to make...maybe I'll make a hat and booties LOL

xoxo

Ro

PS Should anybody need it, the shipping address is up on the website too! but you can pm me and I'll send it to you if you prefer.

Hubby was like a registered GAB trader of those cards, still has a huge collection though we haven't kept up in the last couple expansions...he would've been playing in Rochester in 1997/98 I bet that he DID meet your hubby if he was a Decipher ambassador then!!! Talk about a small world! When it comes to Trek, it gets even smaller! You can tell your hubby too that my nickname here , Ro, is after RO from TNG! It's been my nickname almost a decade after my friends declared that I was "More Ro than Ro. " ROFL!!!

How funny!

I don't remember when he became an Ambassador... he doesn't play as much as he used to, but he still runs stuff from time to time.

Bajorans rock. I have an earring... sterling silver and malachite. And now I shall stop revealing my inner geek. :D

I finally got inspired for Lovie #2. I am using RH's Kids in a bright green (no wrapper, was gifted to me), Caron's SS in grape (bright purple), and SS white- alternating the stripes. It's so cheery, and should work well for boy or girl. My 4y old has given his approval. I hope to finish by the end of the week.

Ro- this is one in the large size. As soon as I finish I will get them laundered and in the mail!

Have a happy day all!

Cris~

I'm going to ask hubby to stop by our box on the way home tomorrow...will let everybody know as soon as blankets are in my hands!!! I just cannot thank everybody enough for all their hard work and love on this!!!

It's gonna be so exciting to ship them all off :) :) :)

Sue, I have a wardrobe of Bajoran earrings...and yes, I wear them in public! I embrace my inner geek in all her trekkie glory! After all, if it weren't for trek, I wouldn't have met my husband! :D

Kitty (my daughter's nickname) and I were working on our blankies tonight! I hope to make some more headway after she's in bed. She is feeling so proud watching her square grow...it's taking her forever but there sure is a lot of care in those stitches! Pictures SOON I promise!

off to update the website now!

xoxo

Ro

I finally got inspired for Lovie #2. I am using RH's Kids in a bright green (no wrapper, was gifted to me), Caron's SS in grape (bright purple), and SS white- alternating the stripes. It's so cheery, and should work well for boy or girl. My 4y old has given his approval. I hope to finish by the end of the week.

Ro- this is one in the large size. As soon as I finish I will get them laundered and in the mail!

Have a happy day all!

Cris~

ooo, cool, Cris I had you down for one on my list...so your second one puts us at 47 now!!! And that means that with the additional 2 that I plan to make to go with the 3 I had in the count already, we are DEFINITELY at 50!!!!! woooooooo hooooooooooo!!!

Now I can sleep LOL. But first...CROCHET!!! :hook:yarn

Ro, I just pm'd you....to let you know that my 10 Lovies are packed and ready to be delivered to you. :hug

Daisy.

Ro- When I PM'ed you about making a blankie I said I would use a variegated purple...well, now that I'm working it, it seems to have more of a blue-ish hue. I hope that is ok- I think it really could go to either a boy or girl.

We're going away this weekend so I hope to finish it while hubby is driving. :devil If all goes as planned then I will have it washed and sent by the beginning of next week. I hope that's ok.

That's fine, Stacy, whatever you send I know will be loved by one of the kids! thanks so much and have fun on your trip!! :)

Alisha (sorry I typed Cris the first time; neurology patient moment!) please don't worry about the post office, you've got lots of time!

Hubby came home today with the first two boxes from the PO, woo hoo!! took pictures and posted them on the site...here thanks again Auntbubbles and Lea...love the blankies, they're already in a big wonderful box and tomorrow when I get Daisy's blankies will have lots of company!

I have to email Rebecca at the Center again, tell her the update, she forgot to send me her new address again I have to remind her! :)

Off to work on my blankie #2 right now, making headway! thanks again everybody!

xoxo

Ro

p.s. Lea, loved the card and thank you for the sticky notes! (I think they're for me?! I love them!) :manyheart

Archived