Pass Christian Children

Ro

Alicia, LOL! :woo I'm on a mission! ......and there's no stopping me now! ......just kidding. My next blankie is gonna take a while.....I'm sure that you will be done before me!

Daisy.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yikes.... I have maybe...um.... 15 rows done.... can I use the excuse that my furbaby has returned after 5 weeks straying around and I ahve been hand feeding him tuna and giving him kisses all day long? Daisy... you must be a speed crocheter or something LOL

Yes, my house is in desperate need of cleaning, I do need groceries:eek ....and No, I am not a speed crocheter. I am slower than molasses! I confess and I cheated.:blush I used baby clouds for my first blankie....and it works up fast with a P hook. My next one will be with worsted weight yarn, so that's gonna take me awhile......I sure won't be saying "I'm done" anytime soon, lol! Have a great day, and thanks for the laughs.....that's what keeps us going when we are feverishy trying to do some good.

Daisy.

Aww Daisy that's allright I should've done the same. I'm using a smaller hook than suggested because a Dear friend got me a G ToTC hook and I had to use it :hook so my elbow is buggin me and I have to take breaks to come see what going on here ;) Likely excuse huh ;)

Alisha,

I know what the sore elbows are like.....I have tendonitis and I have arthritis in my fingers.....maybe that's why I crochet so slow. I've had it where my wrists were in so much pain that I had to put my hooks away for awhile.....so far I've been okay and can hook the yarn with no problems....at least not yet. Hope your elbows will feel better soon! I'm a big stubborn baby......I take my excedrin and keep doing my crochet....only because I have to finish my projects or they will sit in a drawer for months. I'm trying to get better at finishing the things I start as opposed to all the UFO's (unfinished objects) that I have stashed into boxes. Best wishes, Daisy.

((((((hugs for Melissa)))) Thank you for posting in this thread, I wish that there was more that we could do, but I figure every bit of love helps and adds up!

I just got off the phone with Rebecca, she's the director of the Day care center. She told me that they have indeed moved, they're not "living in a parking lot" anymore and got a piece of land...so her address has changed and she will be emailing me the new one in a day or so, she's swamped. She was so touched by the idea of the 'lovies' for the kids...since that's what she calls them, I'm changing the name on the website to "PC Lovies!" drive! I think I'd had too little sleep and too much caffeine when I came up with "blankiesippi" ROFL!!! :blush

She said to thank everyone who is helping out...so I am, thank you again you all! She said that the children will LOVE them.

Finally wrapped up my daughter's homeschooling for the day, there was a lot of glue, paper, scissors and grumbling (on my part) involved trying to construct a rudimentary humidity scale that will basically, if you follow the directions, measure NOTHING accurately LOL.

So now, I can go crochet!!! WOO HOO!!!!! will be back with pics soon as I can!

hugs all you wonderful people! I'm so glad to be back to the 'ville.

Ro

Ro, have one almost done and when finished will make more if i can, i think this is such awesome awesome thing we are all doing, i so can not wait to see the pictures. i told my dd about it and she said that if she has time she would also like to help,. i told her even if she could do a few squares will be awesome, anything we can do to help these poor little ones , well then i am all for it, hey RO, got a question for ya, i know you said that you think you shipping it would be the best and i agree, but is this coming out of your own pockets? and if so would you be willing to take a small donations for help with shipping? if not i completely understand, but i know i would be honored to help, i mean i could not send a large sum of money(i would if i had it lol) but its not going to break me to send ya $20.00, just was wondering and while i am not speaking for anyone else i am sure some people will feel the same way. girl i am soooooooooooooo glad your back, i have missed you alot

Ditto on the shipping $ donations. I am willing to pitch in....it may not be much, but every dollar helps!

Daisy.

Alisha,

I know what the sore elbows are like.....I have tendonitis and I have arthritis in my fingers.....maybe that's why I crochet so slow. I've had it where my wrists were in so much pain that I had to put my hooks away for awhile.....so far I've been okay and can hook the yarn with no problems....at least not yet. Hope your elbows will feel better soon! I'm a big stubborn baby......I take my excedrin and keep doing my crochet....only because I have to finish my projects or they will sit in a drawer for months. I'm trying to get better at finishing the things I start as opposed to all the UFO's (unfinished objects) that I have stashed into boxes. Best wishes, Daisy.

you DO know there is a UFO cal, right? you're more than welcome to pull out a project and join us there.:D

Hi Dazy, I did join the UFO group......It's pretty hard to go back to the old stuff when you have all these new things going on......I am keeping my promise though, I am gonna work on those as soon as I'm done with my blankies for Ro.

Daisy.

Hey Ro,

I'm a newbie here at the Ville (I also sent you an email). I'm loving this idea and will be going to get some yarn for a "lovie" today. So put me down for a blanket. I will aim to make it gender neutral and of the larger size. :)

Thanks for getting the ball rolling!

:cheer Way to go, crocheteers!!! :cheer

I have 1 blankie I made a couple months ago put back to send, and I started a new one this morning (which I am almost halfway through.) I am a slow crocheter too, but this stitch is working up zippy fast. I will post the pattern for it when I finish. I plan on finishing up sometime this evening and will probably work on it while I watch the youngest plays t-ball (I love the attention I get for hooking in public!) LOL

Thanks again Ro for helping us find good homes for our handmades, I will email you when I am ready to mail. I am so glad to have a "purpose" for my work!

Cris~

Thank you so much, ladies, for the offer on the shipping assistance! I totally appreciate it, you're all so giving and caring! :manyheart But please don't worry! My birthday is in May and my inlaws and my husband's grandma always send me a little 'fun money' and I plan to use it for the postage this time round. So we won't go hungry or anything!

The reason that my family has always paid the shipping and not taken donations is because if you do that and you're not set up as a 501c3 registered charity (which onesmallthing is not, too expensive/complicated for the little things I do) you can have big, huge IRS issues! I've seen it happen to friends of mine and hubby and I file that under "more than we want to deal with!" LOL. So I make sure that no money changes hands on the drives we undertake (not for toys, yarn, postage, anything) and that we can pay for it before I start something like this. Nothing would make me happier this year than to spend my birthday money on the shipping, so please, worry not. And again, thank all of you from the bottom of my heart. Save your money and buy more yarn with it!!! :hook:yarn I mean, you can never have too much yarn!

I was up late working on my first lovie for this drive last night (I adore that term, I hadn't heard it before this week! pictures to follow soon) and listening to the new Goo Goo Dolls cd (LOVE them!) there's a song called Better Days on their new cd that's becoming my anthem for 2006.

The lyrics really inspire me, and I'd like to share them with you all here (please humor me!) you can hear the song for free online too, the video is on their website if your computer can play media like that. Anyway, here are the words...I think of all the people who have suffered from the hurricanes and I just want them all to have better days from now on, you know? I can't fix everything, but together we can send a whole lot of love, and I am so thrilled that you're all working so hard on this. You are amazing people and will accomplish so much good for these children, to let them know that people still care!!!

*musical intro*...

Better Days

(John Rzeznik)

"And you asked me what I want this year

And I'll try to make this kind and clear

Just a chance that maybe

We'll find better days

'Cause I don't need boxes wrapped in strings

Designer love and empty things

Just a chance that maybe

We'll find better days

So take these words

And sing out loud

'cause everyone is forgiven now,

tonight's the night the world begins again

I need someplace simple where we could live

And something only you could give

And that's faith and trust and peace while we're

Alive

And the one poor child who saved this world

There's 10 million more who probably could

If we all just stopped and said a prayer for them

So take these words

And sing out loud

'Cause everyone is forgiven now,

tonight's the night

The world begins again

I wish everyone was loved tonight

And somehow stop this endless fight

Just a chance that maybe we'll

Find better days

So take these words

And sing out loud

'Cause everyone is forgiven now,

tonight's the night

The world begins again...

Tonight's the night the world begins again"

Keep those hooks going everybody, boy, you are fast! LOL I'm back to working on my blanket right now! will check in later.

xoxo

Ro

We are up to 28 blankets pledged and that's not including folks who said that they 'may' be able to make more than one...so we're doing great! there's one or two people I also am waiting to verify info and sizes and stuff so I bet we'll be at 30 by tomorrow!!! WTG everyone! :cheer

xoxo

Ro

So I guess you could accept Birthday money~smile~..anyhoo.. finished my lovie and sent you an email:)

I ended up doing a bit of a graph thing... anyhow.. wish my digital were working I could post a pic,,,

:blush ROFL Oh, no, Lea now don't you go sneaky starting that! ROFL!!! You are so sweet! You all taking the time to care about these kids is the best birthday present I could ask for. Kindness is a currency that is definitely the most valuable in the world, and it's definitely not subject to inflation, or taxation! LOL :) I should tell you too that I honestly have the ultimate present...*giggle* while I may be hitting the big 35 next month, my husband is...er....um....*cough*28*cough* LOL I'm such a bad, evil, ridiculously happy cradle robber! :D Our seventh wedding anniversary comes up at the end of May too, but we've been in love 9 years...time flies when you're having fun!

You are so fast, Lea! I have got to get done on the computer now and get going on my blankie, but I'll give you guys a sneak preview. My first one is a little one for a girl....cotton tots (my favorite yarn of ALL time) and three of the four squares are done...showing here *my best 'phantom of the opera auctioneer voice...* LOL 3/4 done, hope to finish it off this afternoon. This is my first time trying a flat braid joining method. I don't thinK I'm doing it right, but I like how it looks so I'm not asking any questions LOL It works perfectly with the square I'm doing, which is from one of those 96 million granny square type book thingies.

I've 'pledged' to make three myself so far in the count but I am actually hoping for a minimum of five, not counting the one my daughter is doing. She is so adorable with it, she's being so careful and taking such pride. What a kid.

pictures of my lovie-in-progress here!

back later!

Ro

Ro you have a great blankie going there...I can't wait to get mine going. I just have to decide which colors to start with first. Of course with hubby around for the next week it isn't going to be easy. :angry Since he is on vacation he thinks that I should actually spend time with him:think

My birthday is tomorrow....I'm turning the big 56:eek (so young in heart). My hubby's birthday was tuesday....our birthdays are 5 days apart. He is 8 years older than I, but he's still a sweetie and doesn't mind if I stretch the budget a bit when I buy yarn for charity projects. We just celebrated our 29th anniversary on April 15th. We may be oldies....but we are goodies, lol. Gotta run and crank out some more of my lovie blankie....so I can start another. Keep going ladies.....I so want to see Ro reach her quota. :cheer I'm cheering us all on!!!!! :cheer

Daisy.

Wow, happy birthday Lea and Daisy!!! I love hearing stories like that of happy marriages and sweeties still being sweeties after years :) Last night I decided I'd had such a rough week and my hubby too that I kidnapped him and took him on a date! I even got dressed up :eek I think he thought he was walking into the wrong house LOL. Course, on Monday he saw me in scrubs (they put you in scrubs not gowns thankfully for the hospital where I had my last MRI) and 'cone hair" as I call it from laying flat in the tube, so I told him I had to make up for that! :lol

I finished my blankie! Pictures to follow momentarily, if you check the webpage in about 15 minutes, (you can still click the link from the other post) the finished product should be there! Next I'm gonna start on a crochenit throw, haven't done one of those in awhile, in Simpy Soft Brites green and blue for a boy (could be for a girl too though I guess). It's gonna be...bright LOL

Have a happy Saturday all! Thank you again for all of your hard work :)

xoxo

Ro

Archived