A throw I made

secretstasher

Hello there I am new here and I just love all your things you have all made. I hope you all dont mind but I thought I would show you a throw I made. My friend had her mother coming over for Christmas from Texas and I was asked to make an afghan. Now I thought an afghan was like a lap blanket to cover your knees when its cold. There was only four weeks until Christmas when she asked me, I said yes no problem. A few days later she pointed out she wanted it 6ft by 5ft Hiding the hysteria in my voice I said yes no problem. and as soon as I had finished chatting went into panick mode but in three weeks the blanket was done and sent to my mate. I love a challenge lol.It took 30 12 inch squares and about 12 hours to sew up, I hate sewing up, The blanket caused tears all round as they liked it so much. here goes....candythrow.jpgcandythrow1.jpg

1st - Super nice afghan 2nd - Welcome to the ville!!! 3rd - You are a very generous friend 4th - you must be nuts to take on a project that big during the holidays! hee hee! Great job!

LOL thanks for liking my throw. The thing is when i said yes I thought it was a small blanket when she told me the size i was like eep yes lol. I tell you there was smoke coming from my crochet hook lol. but was pleased i managed to get it done but never again lol.

Lovely! I must be the looney one around here, but sewing squares together doesn't really bother me. My mom can't stand it, however, and refuses to crochet squares. Even after I volunteered to sew them together. Great job!!:D Patty

oooh I know who to send my squares to lol. You are all so kind and friendly hugs sian xxxx

Archived