fear of yarn?

did anyone see Dr. Phil show today? it was about peoples fears. One girl was afraid of yarn. She couldnt go near yarn or touch it. She also was scared of cotton. If she went near yarn she would get all nervous and freak out. She couldnt go near near the yarn aisle in the craft store..:ohdear

gosh that poor girl would never be able to step foot in my house! lol

I've never heard of fear of yarn before.

Dr. Phil told her it wasnt the yarn she feared, I think he said the yarn was just the object she chose to place her insecurities and fears onto. She taught herself to fear the yarn.

you learn something new every day!

naida

Dr. Phil told her it wasnt the yarn she feared, I think he said the yarn was just the object she chose to place her insecurities and fears onto. She taught herself to fear the yarn.

you learn something new every day!

naida

WOW! That makes perfect sense! *smacking forehead* Apparently I've put my fear into cooking and house cleaning - that's why I get so freaked out and insecure if the subject is even brought up!! Well, thank you Dr. Phil...

"Sorry, Honey. I've placed ALL MY FEARS in cooking and cleaning, so you couldn't possibly expect me to go in there and make dinner! The trauma would be overwhelming!"

"Sorry, Honey. I've placed ALL MY FEARS in cooking and cleaning, so you couldn't possibly expect me to go in there and make dinner! The trauma would be overwhelming!"

I wish i had that fear.

:rofl:rofl:rofl

Fear of yarn? As absurd as that seems to me, I must say that I'm sure people would say some of my fears are crazy. For example, I don't like heights, even if there is a rail. I don't know what I'd do if I were suddenly afraid of yarn.

Personally I don't mind "cooking". Notice that I put the word in quotes. That means people who eat the food I put in front of them may not consider what I do cooking. Is it my fault that it takes so long to cook something that I wander off to do something else, forgetting what was on the stove?

Hmmm........I wonder if my hubby will buy that? I doubt it, but it sure is worth a shot:devil , hehe. Well, thank you for the idea & giggles, I can always use a good giggle:hug .

Personally I don't mind "cooking". Notice that I put the word in quotes. That means people who eat the food I put in front of them may not consider what I do cooking. Is it my fault that it takes so long to cook something that I wander off to do something else, forgetting what was on the stove?

Absolutely not your fault. My cooking was so bad and so burned that I EXPECT things to be burned - tastes undercooked if it's not slightly blackened - everything from steak to toast. Torch that sucker. Hubby does all the cooking now (the kids do a bit, too) and they always know to 'burn some for MOM'... they set the table so pretty and the little charcoal briquette is always there just for me! I like my veggies burned, my popcorn burned...

I was a BAD cook!!!!! And it's very funny, if I go in the kitchen and they even THINK I'm gonna cook, they come running to stop me!

True story: I made sugar cookies one Christmas, cut out with cute little cookie cutters, and we were able to drill holes and use them as ornaments for over four years! They didn't break, we just got tired of them and threw 'em out! And I once made a frozen pizza that the kids used as a frizbee all summer long until it got stuck up on the roof!

• 4 months later...

She better not look in my closet, nor in my Public Storage locker, she might collapse of cardiac arrest LOL Anyway, on a knitting forum I was on, someone posted that some lady passed away and they had to get rid of something like 5000 skeins of yarn. Hopefully that yarnphobic unfortunate doesn't go to THAT particular estate sale...LOL

Archived