Elegant Poncho - Crochet & Knit

Yarn Duck

A blend of my two favorite activities - the top half is knitted and the bottom is crocheted. I had such fun making this. The pattern is in the Fall/Winter 2005 issue of Family Circle Easy Crochet. It is made with Paton's Divine.

Feb06006t.jpg

That IS very elegant! I love the combination but I can't knit!!! :cry It certainly looks like it might be worth learning.:)

This is very chic. I have a couple of skeins of the yarn left from ponchos I made Christmas 2004. Now I have to see if I have the magazine.

Julie! That's really pretty. Love the color choice! :)

I have that pattern (magazine) and have toyed with making one too. I read through the pattern, and thought that it might be lacking some instruction?? Did you find it to be an easy pattern? :think

Deb - The pattern does have a problem. According to the instructions, the knitted part is worked in rows and then the crocheting is worked in rounds. Nowhere does it say anything about seaming the knitted part together. :eek (And I've never done a knit seam.)

What I ended up doing was knitting in the round on circular needles. This made changing to crocheting really easy.

Very nice. I have been wanting to make something from Divine. Haven't tried yet. Yours is beautiful.

Deb - The pattern does have a problem. According to the instructions, the knitted part is worked in rows and then the crocheting is worked in rounds. Nowhere does it say anything about seaming the knitted part together. :eek (And I've never done a knit seam.)

What I ended up doing was knitting in the round on circular needles. This made changing to crocheting really easy.

Thanks Julie! :hook That's exactly what my problem with this pattern was. Your solution seems the best idea. :tup I'm thinking this might be nice in the blue Divine that I have stashed away somewhere. :D

Archived