Crochet -a- Quilt

JulieKay

Ok I guess I can't post on the Grandmothers Flower Garden Forum for some reason so will post here.:angry

We are all moved but 2 dreaaers, one TV stand and a computer Desk and one bed and my comfy Chair. We will do that tomoorow or tuesday. An easy move when you don't have anything much.:clap

I will be with out my computer again for a few days but I promise I will be back. So I have been doing pretty good and the rest of this day I am going to read the forum and Crochet blogs and xs blogs.:yay

Mary Ann:cheer

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GUess I will keep the fashsia and aran and put blue with it and make it with burgandy frosty green and light pink some colors I have kind of a scrap one Then if I like making it I will buy colors that match

ISNT THAT WHAT QUILTS WHERE MADE FROM

Everyone elses afghans are very pretty.

Have a nice day

Mary your colors are just beautiful!!!!! And I love your purse:cheer You are doing such a good job keep up with the good work:clap Happy crocheting:hook :hook :hook :hook :hook

linda and julie- thanks for the comments i already have thirteen squares done yay go me!!! does anyone want a new mommy? right now I am also working on my headbanger headband! it is going to take forever to get done! wells, tah-tah for now

Patricia

TAKE YOUR TONGUE OFF THE FLAGPOLE .

It won't STICK this time of year anyhow, unless you live in Antarctica .

( You don't , do you ???? :eek )

Umm, no - although Maryland is part of the South, it isn't that far south....
I'm gonna have ONE MEMBER WHO IS BLIND from gouging out her own eyes ........(DAZY)
Dazy, you know she's going to get you in the end - and if you're blind, it'll just take you longer - 'cause she won't let you off the hook! <groaner>:hook
POOR BRANDY has worn HER fingers to the bones ...

Brandy- did you INTENTIONALLY RAM YOUR HANDS INTO THE BRIAR PATCH ????

Hey, Julie - I'm planning on begging for some of the blueberries when they come in - or at least getting to see some pics of blue-stained fingers and smiles!
Now, who woulda thought a simple little gathering of people making afghans could have turned into such a DANGEROUS hobby ?
and no-one has even mentioned the bat yet :eek

(can you tell I've finally learned how to quote separate parts of a post? - got carried away, oops :wink)

Hi, Karen (:hi) welcome to Julie's Krazy Krochet-Along Gang! You're in for it, now - but you'll go smilin' :yay

Vims, Frann, Ines, Brandy - how gorgeous (art is art - whether crochet or gardening)!

Evelyn - congrats on having the courage of your convictions - and you'll find the prettiest combo of colors ever, I just know it! :c9

Had a great morning! After services, got some pattern searching done - found more quilt patterns hiding in crochet mags, including one I think could substitute for the around the world, crocheted in one piece. was called a step pattern, I believe. Saw it in Quick&Easy Crochet, Vol 10, #3 May/Jun 1995 and #4 Jul/Aug 1995. Probably in others, haven't finished looking through my collection. Now that I'm looking for them, I'm seeing quilt-look crocheted stuff in all sorts of places.

If anyone has a favorite quilt block, I can look for a matching pattern if you like - I'm planning on making a cross-reference list for crocheted quilt blocks anyway.

All of which isn't getting my Prairie Star done! I did finish another 63 squares CAL square, and I'm determined to break the 1 diamond barrier today - so wish me luck, and I'll post some tomorrow (when this thread will be another 10 pages long, :lol!)

POOR BRANDY has worn HER fingers to the bones ...

Brandy- did you INTENTIONALLY RAM YOUR HANDS INTO THE BRIAR PATCH ????

:rofl Not a briar patch....A CEMENT PATCH!!!!:rofl

Hey, Julie - I'm planning on begging for some of the blueberries when they come in - or at least getting to see some pics of blue-stained fingers and smiles!

I will definitely post pics of blue fingers. You will have to fight kids and hubby for the blueberries. I plan on making lots of blueberry perserves with em....:c9 All I have left to do now is wait for them to grow and put some pretty flowers around the edges and white marble rock. :cheer That can wait for a couple of weeks though. Tonite going to crochet and take another hot soak. Hands dont feel as bad as yesterday. Putting lots of lotion on them.

Have a great nite all......:manyheart

Evelyn your colors sound beautiful. :manyheart Your afghan will turn out gorgeous. Sometimes it helps to look at flowers and outside and just put whatever colors you like together. They all turn out great no matter what. Cant wait to see what you come up with. :manyheart

:yes :yes I just have to put in my 2 Cents worth here. What fond memories for the cold winter day this coming winter Fpr squares and hexagons and what ever else.

We will all need a To finish UFO Board for all the past crochet alongs. LOL.

Well since it is going to be another week or two off line for me again. DARN IT. I am going to be making up a bunch of squares for the Trip around the World afghan and I am also going to start the Nine Patch afghan. And in between continue on my grandmothers garden afghan.

I will have nothing else to do and it gives me an incentive to buy more yarn a week from now.

So count me in and maybe this time moving won't get me side tracked.

Please God Give me a norma life again.:yes

Mary Ann

I have to start somewhere again:yes

:waving

Hey Patricia ,Brandy and Mary Ann

Great to see you all drop in tonite. I'm off to head for bed soon. I go to bed with the chickens and am up about 4, so my Body Clock is set ready to get some rest tonite.

Will check in here again in the morning !!!

Have a good night everyone .:manyheart

Everyone is doing great on there ghans. I'm still doing the nine patch its coming along nicely I couldnt wait to start putting it together so I did that way I can get the pic posted tomorrow if I am able to figure it out. the country blue i need 84 of the 124. the light blue i have all 48 done, the linen I have all 20 done, and the aran i need 53 out of the 93 .So it is coming along. Oh my julie is working on another cal i still have two others I want to do for this one already bought my yarn. Darnit might just have to go buy more yarn for her new one lol.... Hope everyone has a nice night .

Hi Everyone,

Hope you are all doing well on your afghans. I have been doing the Prairie Star and have been saying I would post a picture, so I best get over my shyness and do it! I am doing colors that are similar to the pattern picture, and am going pretty darn slowly compared to all of you, but this one has been fun to work on. Here is my first ever Crochetville picture:

3fd31241.jpg

Diane, that is just lovely:cheer :cheer :cheer You have done a great job :tup and the colors are beautiful.:yay As soon as I am through with the neon pinwheel afghan I want to start on the prairie star. I think it is so pretty. :yes Did you use the type of yarn that it suggested or what did you use?

Archived