Crochet -a- Quilt

JulieKay

Donna, that afghan is gorgeous! Rest assured I won't bid against you for it though. :lol I love the border right around the star...it's very different. This star pattern (without that particular border) looks very familiar to me. I'll have to check my patterns to be sure. I'd love to see your afghan when it's done. Do you have any idea yet what colors you'll use?

It's almost identical to the Praire Star afghan. The difference is the border and backgrounds. I almost did the prairie star but wasn't crazy about the entire thing. (Personally). When I saw this it was exactly what I was wanting!

I can't wait to get the pattern! :cheer

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning all! I got ten of the 80 little starter squares done last night. I am going to try to get all of them done first and then I'll be able to add the other 4 colors easily.

Donna What a great find, it is a beautiful ghan. I can't wait to see it finished! Have you decided on colors yet?

Evelyn :clap Yay! I knew you would do it!

Celeste I think I will be around here for awhile too. Sometimes I have lots of time to crochet and other times with schedules around here, it's hard to get anything done!

Julie I'm sure you'll have yours done any day...I can't wait to see pics of it!

Have a great day

Theresa "2"

It's almost identical to the Praire Star afghan. The difference is the border and backgrounds. I almost did the prairie star but wasn't crazy about the entire thing. (Personally). When I saw this it was exactly what I was wanting!

I can't wait to get the pattern! :cheer

The Prairie Star has 6 points and your ordered afghan pattern has 8. It's quite pretty tho and definately the same style but a little more unique. Do you know if the pattern you won is using afghan stitch, or a regular crochet hook? I can't tell by looking at the picture.

The Prairie Star has 6 points and your ordered afghan pattern has 8. It's quite pretty tho and definately the same style but a little more unique. Do you know if the pattern you won is using afghan stitch, or a regular crochet hook? I can't tell by looking at the picture.

You know, I'm not sure. It looked like SC to me, but it very well could be the afghan stitch. I should get the pattern by this weekend!

Boy,:ohdear I'm just getting started and I'm on the injured list!!!

I was helping DH out and dislocated my pointer finger on my left hand.

They got it so wrap up can't even hold the yarn!!!!!! Not spose to use it for a week...Then go back to get it check out again. Hopefully they wrap it so I can use it!!!!!

I've got 12 squares done and 96 to go...:oops

Everybody is doing a great job on your afghans..

Brandy Your DD did a great job on her afghan..

AJ Sorry about the reaction you got. One of my DH nieces is like that.She gives a better reaction if you buy something then if you make something..:shrug

Theresa :manyheart your bunny cake...

Takes a long time to type with just your right hand.:sigh But the pain pill work,,:flying

sorry to hear about your finger . Is it your left hand? and are you left handed?

It will all be good in the long run .

Update . did not get any work done on my own over the weekend but thats okay . You guys are fast . Not sure if I will today allergys acting up really bad. Keep up the good work. :manyheart

Boy,:ohdear I'm just getting started and I'm on the injured list!!!

I was helping DH out and dislocated my pointer finger on my left hand.

They got it so wrap up can't even hold the yarn!!!!!! Not spose to use it for a week...Then go back to get it check out again. Hopefully they wrap it so I can use it!!!!!

I've got 12 squares done and 96 to go...:oops

Everybody is doing a great job on your afghans..

Brandy Your DD did a great job on her afghan..

AJ Sorry about the reaction you got. One of my DH nieces is like that.She gives a better reaction if you buy something then if you make something..:shrug

Theresa :manyheart your bunny cake...

Takes a long time to type with just your right hand.:sigh But the pain pill work,,:flying

Chris - hope your finger is soon on the mend and you can crochet again. I cut my finger a couple months back on the edge of a can, and it hurt like heck when I crocheted , but I didn't totally stop.. I just slowed W_A_Y down .. You don't realize how much you appreciate your fingers til one isn't working . :)

Norma - hope your allergies settle down. I know what you mean. I have allergies too and spring and fall seems to be the 2 worst times for me , especially spring when all the things start blooming . I am so used to it, I don't pay much attention to it anymore, but I know some people have it a lot worse than me .

Anyhow, hope you feel up to par again soon ~

UPDATE on the afghan -- STILL putting it together -- my gosh, what a big job this is turning into .

Hi all. Still crocheting away. Got some more done, but didnt get quite as far as I wanted to. :eek Oh well will work on it this afternoon. Pretty mad right now so I should be able to fly through some of these squares. Seems I crochet faster when I am mad, at least that is what my hubby says. Thank you again everyone for the nice compliments on my daughters work. I am going to let her signup on crochetville. So please be nice to her...:D She likes that she can post things on what she is making.

Chris I hope your finger feels better. I jammed my pointer on my right hand once and I still keep crocheting away. My hubby laughed at me too. :heehee

Cant really think of much else will post some pics tonite of the first row of my quilt, Hopefully...Have fun all. :hook

Hi Brandy

Thanks for dropping in . What will your daughter's screen name be on here ,do you know yet ? That way we'll know who it is . Tell her to drop in here so we can all say HEY to her .

Sorry to hear you're mad today . I feel your pain, believe me. Some days I'm mad enough to bite nails, and crochet does help get it out. Just don't use a wooden hook and flammable yarn or you can work up quite a blaze . I should know .:grumpy:fire:irk

Hope things get better for you . :)

Chris, I'm saying a little prayer for you. Hope your finger mends quickly!!!

Well I started square #4 this afternoon! I played around a bit with the workings of those horrible loops I have to make on the last 4 rows last night and think I may have found an easier way to do it. We'll see when I get to that point on this square! Believe it or not, doing a SC, CH 10, SC CH 15 across isn't as easy as you think. More often than not, you'll get mixed up and if you don't do it exactly, you have to frog. It's a royal pain in the you know what! It is beautiful though, that's helping me get this done!

Next week I'm on vacation so maybe I'll actually get this finished. What do you think? Too big a goal? :hook

:hook Hello my darlingest mummzie said i was supposed to stop in and say hi:hi. My mom is Brandy(rosette). :ty Thank you for all the nice compliments on my afghan. Just to prewarn you, I am a little bit devilish:devil . Got to go for now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Julie :cheer Go Julie !:cheer :cheer :hug

"Poor Dear, poor dear" :2hug Chris .

Norma, same here in Oregon.. but the flowers causing the pollen are so beautiful..I've decided it' all worth it.:flower

DonnaLynn,

Love the star pattern. I mean.. I really love the star pattern. :hook

Is it OK if I weave both thread ends on each square right as I finish it, and before I set it in my empty :( basket ?:think

-Pam L-

I am sure that it is ok Pam. That way you dont have to weave them all in at the end. That becomes tedious if you wait. :hook

:welcome Mary! Nice to have you join us! Your afghan is awesome!:applause

Lynn

:tyBrandy !

Since I'm not sure what's ahead. ??? thus I wanted to be sure. 'Cause IF there is a reason to wait.. I would not be able to post here, since the straight jacket would make it hard to type.:scared

I'm learning watching others.. I hope ?:P

-Pam L-

Hello Mary

Welcome to the gang. Don't worry about being devilish . I won't speak for anyone else in the group, but I myself can also be that way .

We are glad to have you join us. Your afghan was very pretty .

Will you be making another one once your purse is done ?

Donna: If that afghan pattern you won on ebay is done in the afghan stitch, I'll be really, really envious. I love the afghan stitch! Oh! Have you decided yet on what colors you'll be using?

Mary: :welcome! You've done an awesome job on that afghan! :clap

Julie: Good Land of Goshen, woman! You were up and at 'em at 4:42 this morning! You truly are a morning person. :) However, I can go one better (or worse. It's just a matter of opinion. :lol ) I pulled an all-nighter typing...never went to bed last night. So I know I'll crash and burn early tonight.

Update on my quilt pattern. I do not have a whole lot of squares done yet, but I'm totally amazed at myself at how quickly I can get them done. I love working on this Drunkard's Path pattern. It's so very easy. I went to the library today and got some books on tape. This way I can be entertained without having to distract myself from my crocheting by watching TV.

:welcome to the 'ville ,Mary! Loved your afghan. It will be nice to have you with us! Now I just have to get my daughter, her name is Mary too, to join!

Chris I hope your finger is better soon! Maybe the tape will stretch and loosen in a day or too making it easier.

Sounds like you all are making progress! I'm hoping to get more done on mine tonight.

Theresa "2"

Just testing to see if those of you on the West Coast can hear me screaming ?

Holey Moses, would you ladies do me a favor and kick my butt all over the country if I EVER mention doing something again that has squares the size of postage stamps ?

Good grief --- try sewing together almost 500 of these little idiots.

I am gonna blow a blood vessel .

:2nono:bang:yell:grumpy:tryme:sigh:thair:irk:rant :grump :box

Archived