Leopold the Lion from Annie's Attic

Lunatic84

Question

I want to make this lion so bad, but NO ONE carries RH super saver in gold! Do you think that RH Buff would look ok? I can't find a ww gold colored yarn anywhere here, but I can get a 16 oz skein of Buff at Walmart for $7 (you need 14oz). Any help you can give me, or your opinion would be great. Thanks a bunch!

12 answers to this question

I love that pattern well the way it looks haven't tried it yet. Please post a pic when your done ;) Oh there's a light color in Red Heart that has little flecks of darker colors in it that would look good too.

I saw that color too, but the buff came in the lager skein :lol. I am going to start it after exams, so in about 3-3 1/2 weeks. I can't wait to see what he looks like in the buff color now!

I saw that website, but by the time I figure out the exchange rate and shipping, too rich for the student budget... I can buy the buff (16 oz) for $7-$7.50 here. I think that I am going to go with the cheaper of the two :P, just because it's my first one. Thanks for the awesome site though, I couldn't remember what the address was.

Caron isn't available in Canada, and sadly, we don't have HL. I have even asked the great people at Micheals if they could order it in for me, but they said that, at this point in time, they can't just order in 14 oz, they would need a lot more people to be looking for that color. Oh well, I'm going to have a 'Lion in the buff' :lol

Archived