Need input on this.

Sabra

Question

Poncho w/Flowers

I'd appreciate it if y'all could take a look at the linked poncho & tell me what you think as far as adding more flowers goes. I'd originally intended to put a line of flowers all the way down the seam, to cover it up. Now I'm not so sure though. I do like the way 3 flowers looks, and there's the chance that a whole line of flowers would be overkill. But I'm not sure I want the seam showing, either.

Thoughts? (It's a pattern-free piece, so there's nothing to deviate from.)

10 answers to this question

I actually like it how it is. The flowers near the neck distract from the seam. I wouldnt add any more flowers. Three is just right.The doll made me laugh. She looks like she met with a bad plastic surgeon who overdid the face stretch, or shes sucked on a lemon!:lol

Who is the poncho for? The colours are very pretty.

I agree with Samio and Vims. Additionally, I think I'd try to make the flowers a tiny bit smaller, more keeping in line with the scale of a doll poncho. It's cute, though, and should look great once it's finished.:)

It's not a doll poncho, it's a toddler poncho, but my toddlers were in bed by then. :lol I'm really making it just to make it, maybe try to sell it. For some reason the style of poncho made with two rectangles has always been difficult for me, so in no small way this project is to get a handle on that. Thanks for the input! I do think I'll leave it as-is; I've got a commission I need to start working on. :hook

Archived