Crochet & Crochet World are different magazine?

knitcrochet

Thanks everybody! I just read one post about "crochet world". Looks like they are disappointed about this magazine. I paid my bill for this magazine few weeks ago, today, I got a free gift----crochet hook pouch. But it does not look very good! But, it's free, I can not expect too much.....And until now, I did not get one issue from them, even the free issue. I worried........:(

Don't judge it by one issue - it has its better issues sometimes. I don't subscribe to it since I can get it so easily at the store, but I do buy most issues in a year. This months WASN"T one of them! LOL

I agree about Crochet World. I went into BAM tonite to check out the latest issue and only liked 2 patterns (and those were the ones that were offered for free!) This is the first time I've come across this mag and not purchased it...

Eh, I'm one of about two people who liked this month's Crochet World issue (and I didn't like the hairy blue bird everyone else seems enamoured of). :hook

If I am reading your post right, though, you've paid for a subscription but not received any magazines? Sometimes these things do take forever to start up--two months is not uncommon. If it has been longer than that, however, this is their online customer service link, apparently, and you can also e-mail customer_service@crochet-world.com or call them at (800) 829-5865. I'd call, personally.

I just subscribed to Crochet Mag from the website and got a cute Pocket Reference....

A bit about hooks, Gauge & understanding Symbols as well as Standard Yarn & Thread Weights, Hook Sizes.

Standard Body Measurements for baby, child, women and men for chest, a few back sizes and sleeve lengths.... Head Circumferences, Sock Measurements and Sizes for Afghans, Throws Bedspread's & Tablecloths also a few stitches..... I think this might be useful for me as a beginner.

At the risk of being embarrased, what is BAM? :think

I agree about Crochet World. I went into BAM tonite to check out the latest issue and only liked 2 patterns (and those were the ones that were offered for free!) This is the first time I've come across this mag and not purchased it...

BooksAMillion. Oh, how I yearn for one here!

Let me tell you! I NEVER go into Barnes And Nobles anymore. BAM is way better and the employees are much more helpful!

I subscribe to a lot of magazines and it takes about two months to get your first magazine...I worry that part of my problem is that I'm in Germany and get my magazines through APO, but that's not necessarily the problem...I just subscribed to Taste of Home back in November...I didn't get an issue from them until almost February!!!!! So it can take a bit of time...but like Sabra says, if you're concerned follow her advice and contact customer service...

Let me tell you! I NEVER go into Barnes And Nobles anymore. BAM is way better and the employees are much more helpful!

My husband is a serious BAM fan...orders tons of books from them online...what I would give to have a decent bricks and mortar bookstore to go to...but that will have to wait until I'm back in the states...

Archived