Gorgeous Throw Pattern

Roli

Ooooo, oooooo, oooooo! That's the pattern from the kit I've always wished I could get! (But my husband and our checking account won't let me). I've seen it selling for $185, so this $156 is a real bargain ! (My husband still said no though). Thank you for posting the pattern, Roli, I've really wanted to see it for what seems like forever. Here's a link to more of their colorways: (A place I visit often and drool):

http://www.kyarns.com/colinette-ab-fab-afghan-throw-kit.html

They don't have the toasted almond color that's featured in this pattern though. My own personal favorite color is Waterlillies, and Amethyst is a close second.

Roli, if you do make this pattern, you've got to be sure and post the picture! What colorway would you use?

:manyheart:hook Thanks again for posting!

Here's what I plan to do with this (I've been drooling and plotting for a LOOONG time! :devil):

Since I really couldn't afford the yarns specified in the pattern, I decided to look for reasonable (as in "cheap") alternatives. I have been collecting various textured yarns in two colorways: purple and fuschia. I've picked up a few balls here and there (always and only when on sale) of Homespun, Moonlight Mohair (in the case of the purple), a big variety of Yarn Bee yarns primarily (they have so many), as well as any other yarn I ran across that was a) on sale and b) fit the colorway and c) had a neat and interesting texture to add. I've got the boucle, several different "furry" types, ribbony yarns (a couple of different types) and sparkly types. One of these collections actually started out with plans on becoming the shawl that was in a recent Crochet! magazine, but I figured I'd make this big enough to be able to be used in either capacity. I'm certain I have more than enough for a throw in each of these colorways now, it's just a matter of finding the time to work on them!

Oh Goldie, that's a great idea! I may do the same. Actually, I don't know how I got that pattern. I must have signed up for something but I'm sure glad I did!:clap

Crochetmama, The selection of yarns is also too rich for my blood but I think I'll try Goldi's method; collect less expensive yarns over time. I'll probably opt for browns, putties, greys, etc.:hook

• 7 months later...

Just wondering if anyone ever found enough suitable (affordable) substitutions for the yarn for this. I picked up several balls of moonlight mohair on sale recently and would love to hold it back for this if I could find others to match.

I ordered the Jewel kit from knitpicks.com which is only $50 and I am making a ripple afghan out of it. The kit includes all different kinds of yarn and I am having a lot of fun making my ripple. When I first got back into crocheting I was in germany and the lys had a huge selection of Colinette yarn. It was up a bunch of stairs but I would still drag DS up in his stroller just to look at the yarn. Beautiful.

Rachel

That is so pretty, Thanks :hug Roli for sharing the pattern here with all of us! And thanks :hug to you Goldi for your great idea of stocking up on the cheaper (though lovely) yarns :yarn :yarn :yarn until you have enough! I think many of us will be following your example!:hook

Archived